Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,676,300 times

Advertisements

TB case at Syosset school investigated -- Newsday.com (broken link)

When did we become a third world nation?

My guess...an infected illegal nanny.

No shortage there.

WTFLI?

C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 10:23 PM

491 posts, read 828,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
TB case at Syosset school investigated -- Newsday.com (broken link)

My guess...an infected illegal nanny.

C
Yep or a anchor child in the system.
My bet "Anchor Child" lets see how this turns out.
Note : We WILL NEVER find out through Newsday or New's 12

Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 AM

2,845 posts, read 10,508,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe L View Post
Right Joe....because Syosset is such a realistic location for illegal immigrants to live. I'm wondering when you're going to start suggesting that "La Raza" is responsible for 9/11.

I thought TB died in the 1800s until one of my friends contracted it a few years ago, on Long Island. It's rare but it's still around!

Old 11-15-2007, 03:36 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,487,875 times
Lots of East Asians from India and Pakistan moving into Syosset.

Many of the kids are from the city and just use a relatives address within the district. Their real parents, probably here illegally, live in Jackson Heights, but they have an Uncle in the district with whom they stay. Thus they get a first class education on the legal residents dime. At least they bring a diversity of diseases.

TB is in LI schools and worse - its all due to not securing our borders and having a tight immigration policy - Thanks G.W. Bush.

When will Americans wake-up. Pull the troops out of Iraq and put them on our own borders. Time to stop almost all immigration.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:52 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,932,540 times
no surprise there. I know for a fact that there has been an outbreak of Whooping cough in north shore suffolk school districts, a bunch of kids brought it home from sleepaway camp. Its really great because these kids were immunized but there are strains of all these diseases that are infecting people. I predict another black plague scenario is more likely than this country getting its act together in our lifetime.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:54 AM

1,280 posts, read 4,932,540 times
Quote:

Not news 12 that is for sure the Dolans are PRO illegal aliens, I think they should let them all move into their centre island mansion!!

Old 11-15-2007, 06:16 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,396,900 times
Call me crazy, but I didn't think TB was all that uncommon. I worked in a nursing facility and we had our share of TB patients and they were all born and raised here right in the good ole USA.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:26 AM

491 posts, read 828,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbres View Post
Lots of East Asians from India and Pakistan moving into Syosset.

Many of the kids are from the city and just use a relatives address within the district. Their real parents, probably here illegally, live in Jackson Heights, but they have an Uncle in the district with whom they stay.
Exactly, same thing in N Hempstead especially Manhasset, New Hyde Park .
North Shore LIJ hospital braught in 1000's from Iran, India and Pakistan.
These people rent these houses and usually have 3-6 relitives kids living with them. Sclool taxes are going through the roof. Kid's have come home with 3rd world sickness, lice for the first time in perhaps 40 years

Have no doubt Syosset Hospital (part of the NS LIJ system) has the same thing going on. Syosset has

Old 11-15-2007, 04:16 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Exactly, same thing in N Hempstead especially Manhasset, New Hyde Park .
North Shore LIJ hospital braught in 1000's from Iran, India and Pakistan.
These people rent these houses and usually have 3-6 relitives kids living with them. Sclool taxes are going through the roof. Kid's have come home with 3rd world sickness, lice for the first time in perhaps 40 years

Have no doubt Syosset Hospital (part of the NS LIJ system) has the same thing going on. Syosset has
Ahh ok, so someone in the Syosset SD has TB and without any knowledge of the person who has it you automatically assume it must be an immigrant with
no evidence to back it up.... For the record your comments on Manhasset and the impacts the immigrants have had on school taxes for one. Manhasset has the lowest chool tax rate in Nassau county.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 PM

1,058 posts, read 3,487,875 times
Default Queens kids take advantage of Nassau border school districts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Ahh ok, so someone in the Syosset SD has TB and without any knowledge of the person who has it you automatically assume it must be an immigrant with
no evidence to back it up.... For the record your comments on Manhasset and the impacts the immigrants have had on school taxes for one. Manhasset has the lowest chool tax rate in Nassau county.
Asian kids from Queens are notorious for taking advantage of all the better Nassau school districts nearest Queens. Herricks, New Hyde Park, Manhasset, Great Neck, Floral Park and probably even Roslyn have non-resident students attending. They do this in two ways:

1. use the address of a relative in the district and actually live part of the week with their relative, but their actual family lives somewhere in Queens, or

2. use the address of a relative, but live in Queens and their parents drive them into school or they take the N22 bus up Hillside Avenue.

Either way those people are getting a free ride on the legal residents of those communities who have to shoulder the higher property taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island