Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:30 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,995,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
It's not worth letting them get to you. The people trying to drive you nuts here all have a vested interest in the screwed up system we have. So far they haven't shown the slightest capacity for honesty or empathy. Either they themselves are on the gravy train, or they see their significant other as a ticket to retirement.

I'm on the gravy train as well through my spouse, and I've gotten bonuses and raises every year for the last 3 years in my private sector job. It doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to see the forest for the trees. This psycho-babble tripe trying to pin everything on some self-issue you have about your job is pathetic and low.
Huh? Self issue about my job?! Where is that from? Do tell. Funny, you were "for it before you were against it before you were for it because your spouse is on the gravy train." I like your partiality and the fact that you make no sense.

LATER, pataters. Gotta go make the donuts. PTA is having a bake sale and if I don't buy a cupcake, Mrs. Crabtree will have to pay for the fall festival cookies out of pocket. The horror.....oh the horror. How will she survive?!? Dang, she needs another 6%...stat!!

Old 10-13-2011, 11:43 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
Huh? Self issue about my job?! Where is that from? Do tell. Funny, you were "for it before you were against it before you were for it because your spouse is on the gravy train." I like your partiality and the fact that you make no sense.

LATER, pataters. Gotta go make the donuts. PTA is having a bake sale and if I don't buy a cupcake, Mrs. Crabtree will have to pay for the fall festival cookies out of pocket. The horror.....oh the horror. How will she survive?!? Dang, she needs another 6%...stat!!
haha - someone "on the gravy train" buy this guy a drink! STAT!

BTW - what I think should be disconcerting to those on that gravy train is consideration for those wonderful pensions. It seems that municipalities can/will start declaring bankruptcy... I wouldn't bet on a trustee choosing to cut critical service payments over haircuts to pension holders.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:45 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,279,800 times
I love when people losing an argument say "I'm done with this thread for srs" as they keep on posting...

Old 10-13-2011, 11:49 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:

I think I was taking your side and saying that the person criticizing your position was using psycho-babble BS. Read my post again 'thilly.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:53 AM

625 posts, read 902,563 times
Quote:
What a dumb and insipid reply. I know what we make and understand market benchmarks and wage structure (these words too big for you?!). That has nothing to do with over-subsidizing the local public employees, now does it? I tell anyone in the civilized world we pay $11k taxes on a 1800sqft cape and they are stunned and mortified. It is destroying the region.

Why the F am I wasting my time in this thread?! I should have known better. If $121k + stellar benefits is really market rate for a 1st grade teacher, I guess it's time to accept it or move on. I wouldn't want to change anything around here.

"Yass suh, we's happy being an overtaxed bedroom community of new yawk city, boss."
lol. Exactly

Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I think I was taking your side and saying that the person criticizing your position was using psycho-babble BS. Read my post again 'thilly.
Got it and your PM. All hunky dory. We doth confuse each other!

Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
I love when people losing an argument say "I'm done with this thread for srs" as they keep on posting...
OK, trolly. When you get baited by dipwads, it's hard not to keep going. Like eating potato chips. Except potato chips make more lucid points. So now that you opined, how did I exactly "lose the argument?" The govt teetsters are a tough lot to get to admit to anything that might sully their trough. Stick around, you'll be wildly entertained soon enough. Oh, and tax bills went out yesterday. Enjoy.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,279,800 times
Quote:
OK, trolly. When you get baited by dipwads, it's hard not to keep going. Like eating potato chips. Except potato chips make more lucid points. So now that you opined, how did I exactly "lose the argument?" The govt teetsters are a tough lot to get to admit to anything that might sully their trough. Stick around, you'll be wildly entertained soon enough. Oh, and tax bills went out yesterday. Enjoy.
^ "done with thread" and still posting.

Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
So all that I have to do to win an argument is call you a loser, I guess? That pretty much sums up the points of the people giving the most static here..there's no issue with public sector pay, the issue is that you are a LOSER.

Brilliant stuff.

Old 10-13-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
^ "done with thread" and still posting.
Another impressive contribution. You're on fire!! You'll rack up the reps with that witty repartee.

I guess I wasn't wasn't quite done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island