Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 PM

20,888 posts, read 28,270,360 times

Advertisements

Where I Live there are 4 7-11's within 5 minutes of each other. 2 in East Ilsip and 2 in Islip. I don't see what the big deal is either. I'd rather see an open business rather than an abandoned gas station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 07:03 AM

33 posts, read 78,491 times
Do you honestly think that this is going to draw a larger (or rowdier) crowd than Napper Tandys down the street? It'll have a couple cars in the parking lot in the morning as people stop to get coffee.

This is a road that is nothing but businesses. Big deal.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:40 AM

4 posts, read 15,501 times
Didn't that site (the old gas station) have rusted underground tank leakage issues? I remember reading about the issue 4 or 5 years ago. As I recall, testing showed the underground plumes were heading towards the harbor. Has that all been remediated? If not, can't see 7/11 getting approved.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:50 AM

4 posts, read 15,501 times
Please ignore my last comment. I was thinking about the wrong intersection. Got Waterside confused with Woodbine. Guess I need to go to 7/11 and get some coffee so that I can think straight before posting.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:06 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,050,230 times
It would be nice if something went in that spot instead of a 7-11, of which there are many in the area. Some businesses that could go in there, that LI desperately needs, include: nail salon, diner, bagel shop or pizzeria. You can't find any of those businesses anywhere.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:12 AM

1,609 posts, read 4,676,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
It would be nice if something went in that spot instead of a 7-11, of which there are many in the area. Some businesses that could go in there, that LI desperately needs, include: nail salon, diner, bagel shop or pizzeria. You can't find any of those businesses anywhere.
I agree, anything that is not open 24 hours would be better. The surrounding homes would hear late night deliverys by tractor trailer as well. That lot is in a valley with surrounding homes it is also an intersection that many school children cross going to Middleville school,not a safe place with in and out AM coffee shoping traffic with the children going to school.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:13 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,955,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
I agree, anything that is not open 24 hours would be better. The surrounding homes would hear late night deliverys by tractor trailer as well. That lot is in a valley with surrounding homes it is also an intersection that many school children cross going to Middleville school,not a safe place with in and out AM coffee shoping traffic with the children going to school.
So take out a SBA loan and open your own store..

Old 10-21-2011, 10:16 AM

69 posts, read 158,035 times
The old "it's for the kids" justification.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:16 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,626,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlty View Post
Isn't there a Dairy Barn, McDonalds, Bank, Starbucks and other shops which create traffic already over there?

I called that McDonalds -- they are open 6AM to Midnight. The school children, who should be crossed by a crossing guard, are already contending with the McDonalds traffic.

I live near a 7-11. The bulk of the deliveries are morning - early evening. If anything, deliveries are more of a nuisance to those driving on 25 A as the delivery truck backs in.

I could understand if you were getting upset because a Hooters, or some other establishment of questionable morals was opening up at the location.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:18 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,955,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I live near a 7-11. The bulk of the deliveries are morning - early evening. If anything, deliveries are more of a nuisance to those driving on 25 A as the delivery truck backs in.
I lived 3 or 4 hours away from a 7-11 and had pretty minimal inconveniences... actually, it was very convenient for the late-night cravings or beer runs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island