Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 11:30 AM

27 posts, read 134,199 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing this home in Levittown, with East Meadow Schools.
Levittown, NY 11756 - Real Estate | CENTURY 21

It's our first home, a starter home. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the home or this area. It is a flipped home but at least is neat and clean and hopefully will not need any major improvements in the near term. Already had home inspection which did not turn up anything significant or major.

Also wondering what people think of the price range and what this house is worth or should go for. As a first time homebuyer I am concerned about spending too much and what will happen to the value of the home in this economy. Everyone keeps cautioning me that it's a buyer's market, but everything still seems overpriced in nassau where I'm looking. I feel as though its a buyer's market in that there are a glut of homes available, but most of them are garbage and need major work and aren't clean enough for us to live in. I am not handy so although in theory it would be nice to buy a foreclosure or a fixer upper, I imagine I would spend just as much paying contractors to fix it to my liking and standards as I would buying this house. I'm also having difficulty judging the price because it is renovated and obviously different than similar older homes that have not been upgraded, and unlike any of the other levitt capes in levittown.

Also, if anyone could tell me which particular elementary, middle, and high schools in east meadow this neighborhood would go to, I'd appreciate that (ie, clarke MS,HS).

Any advice would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 11:48 AM

629 posts, read 962,686 times
I'm pretty sure you'd be zoned for Meadowbrook, Clark MS, HS, but of course you should double-check this info if it's a major concern.

As for the area (which I noted in another similar thread), I have an offer in this area as well. (East Meadow town and SD though) and I have been looking in East Meadow for awhile.

From personal observation, East Meadow is not as much of a "buyer's market" as other areas, in the sense that it does seem to have above average demand (likely due to fair pricing by LI standards, and above average schools)

Hard to say of course what is a good price for the home you're looking at, without actually seeing it, but personally, I wouldn't pay more than about $410k for Levittown/EM schools. Alot of the nicer homes in this section seem to go for high $300k at most.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:38 PM
gag

683 posts, read 1,421,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhkus View Post
I'm pretty sure you'd be zoned for Meadowbrook, Clark MS, HS, but of course you should double-check this info if it's a major concern.

As for the area (which I noted in another similar thread), I have an offer in this area as well. (East Meadow town and SD though) and I have been looking in East Meadow for awhile.

From personal observation, East Meadow is not as much of a "buyer's market" as other areas, in the sense that it does seem to have above average demand (likely due to fair pricing by LI standards, and above average schools)

Hard to say of course what is a good price for the home you're looking at, without actually seeing it, but personally, I wouldn't pay more than about $410k for Levittown/EM schools. Alot of the nicer homes in this section seem to go for high $300k at most.
For that money you could be in Wantagh SD, or Levittown SD in North Wantagh. Better SD, and has a train on Sunrise on good Babylon line. Also, Wantagh has better resale than EM and Levittown. JM2C
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island