Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 07:02 AM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times

Advertisements

pizza is easy enough to make at home, even with store-bought pizza dough for 99 cents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 03:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I actually never tried Pappalardo's until I saw this thread. I picked up a couple slices on the way home the other day and it really is nothing special at all. The sicilian was borderline awful to be honest. I don't get how they made it up there either.
I used to go there a lot way back when I lived in Da Riv. (Imagine dat! Me in Da Riv!) It was excellent back then but perhaps it is resting on its laurels lately.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:34 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,510,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I used to go there a lot way back when I lived in Da Riv. (Imagine dat! Me in Da Riv!) It was excellent back then but perhaps it is resting on its laurels lately.
I faintly remember it being good when I was very young... although it may have just been that my taste buds weren't fully developed yet - cuz I remember considering Chuckee Cheese the absolute pinnacle of pizza around that same age

You lived in DA RIV? Where/when? Maybe we were neighbors!

Old 11-14-2011, 04:55 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
I faintly remember it being good when I was very young... although it may have just been that my taste buds weren't fully developed yet - cuz I remember considering Chuckee Cheese the absolute pinnacle of pizza around that same age

You lived in DA RIV? Where/when? Maybe we were neighbors!
I lived there almost a decade and a half ago.

I lived north of Sunrise, east of Broadway, south of Jerusalem, and west of the Massapequa Preserve. I liked it there even though it wasn't the Ritzy Riv on the water!

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 11-14-2011 at 05:55 PM..

Old 11-14-2011, 07:25 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,745,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I_Love in the riv, nice! To be fair, their regular pizza was OK. It was the sicilian that was not good. The cheese was like a brick and did not stay on the slice while you were eating it. And I didn't really like their crust nor the sauce for some reason. Seemed too sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
pizza is easy enough to make at home, even with store-bought pizza dough for 99 cents.
The quality of the dough, flour, oil, cheeses, sauce, etc.. it's impossible to replicate what most pizzerias do. You might as well make English Muffin pizza. Homemade pizza bagels are not bad though using some leftover sauce.

Old 11-15-2011, 05:46 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
My grandmother made the best homemade sicilian pizza. Unfortunatley the recipie is gone

Old 11-17-2011, 12:12 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,234,745 times
I live in Franklin Square and our favorite is now Olivetta's on New Hyde Park Road in the King Kullen shopping center. We also love Carmela's, Prince Umberto's and Caprio's. King Umberto's used to be our favorite but their pizza just isn't the same. The dough is very thin. I'm actually up the block from Cinelli's but they have to be the worst.

Making homemade pizza tastes nothing like the pizzeria. You have to know how to make the dough from scratch. I've made pizza with dough that I bought from the pizzeria but my sauce isn't the same as theirs. Everyone's sauce is different so it will never be like your favorite pizzeria.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:57 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,800,048 times
Pizza is a national treasure!

Herman Cain Sings 'Imagine There's No Pizza'

Old 11-17-2011, 08:24 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
I prefer thin crust pizza from John's of bleeker in NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island