Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: RP vs Shirley
Rocky Point 23 60.53%
Shirley 15 39.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 04:21 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
Put your money where your mouth is pequa, why don't you head down to Shirley this Saturday and shop in kohls, maybe hit the dollar store and have lunch in checkers. You come back and tell us what you think, walk the walk before you talk the talk.

And honestly, just because your buddy's girlfriend lives in RP, it hardly makes you any kind of authority. Unless you two are both dating her and take the trips out there together stick to what you know.

Actually it s different where I live, we have a taco bell and a mcdonalds but we don't have a food store, any clothing stores, a Drug store, dollar store, liquor store or any gas stations that say open past 11pm. Again, please try to have some knowledge before you claim to be an expert.

Kelly honestly while GPS and Pequa have not spent time in Shirley....I am still questioning if you have only because if they were to come out here on a sat afternoon like you said, nothing so horrific would happen. I agree it is not the prettiest of areas, but I hate when people make it out to be wyandanch. What is giving you this horrid impression of Shirley?

There is little to no violence here...and the only people who go to the fast food places in the middle of the night are harmless wangster teens from the highschool (trust me I know, I still see half my graduating class each trip to wendys)

Old 11-09-2011, 04:37 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,932,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Kelly honestly while GPS and Pequa have not spent time in Shirley....I am still questioning if you have only because if they were to come out here on a sat afternoon like you said, nothing so horrific would happen. I agree it is not the prettiest of areas, but I hate when people make it out to be wyandanch. What is giving you this horrid impression of Shirley?

There is little to no violence here...and the only people who go to the fast food places in the middle of the night are harmless wangster teens from the highschool (trust me I know, I still see half my graduating class each trip to wendys)
I agree, nothing horrific would happen. Just like nothing horrific happens when people spend a random afternoon in rocky point, if the anti-RP crew holds the rest of LI to the same harsh standard the truth would be that pequa would see at least as much spandex, closed stores and signs of gang activity as he would in RP, if not a little more. So that's the point, if we are putting schools aside (which nobody is ever willing to do on CD) nothing catastrophic happens in either place but i still think shirleys neighboring towns drag it down to a lower level than RP, it is certainly not wyandanch you are 100% correct.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:43 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Interesting set of values.
"In the Country of the Blind the One-Eyed Man is King?"

Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Almost as interesting as the great charade of wealth lots of LIers live. I make no false claims, I tell it like it is. I am not about to consider you the yardstick by which I measure my value system. In fact I cannot think of another CD member with an opinion I care less about.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,744,488 times
Quote:
Put your money where your mouth is pequa, why don't you head down to Shirley this Saturday and shop in kohls, maybe hit the dollar store and have lunch in checkers. You come back and tell us what you think, walk the walk before you talk the talk.

And honestly, just because your buddy's girlfriend lives in RP, it hardly makes you any kind of authority. Unless you two are both dating her and take the trips out there together stick to what you know.

Actually it s different where I live, we have a taco bell and a mcdonalds but we don't have a food store, any clothing stores, a Drug store, dollar store, liquor store or any gas stations that say open past 11pm. Again, please try to have some knowledge before you claim to be an expert.
I've been to Shirley and made it out alive. I'll try to hit it again next time I'm in the area. While were on the subject of having knowledge of areas, when was the last time you visited Pequa?? Because your Camaro, pagan and gold chain comments indicate around 1982. The pagan mention is just bizarre. When were there ever pagans here??

Quote:
Very telling.

Quote:
I agree, nothing horrific would happen. Just like nothing horrific happens when people spend a random afternoon in rocky point, if the anti-RP crew holds the rest of LI to the same harsh standard the truth would be that pequa would see at least as much spandex, closed stores and signs of gang activity as he would in RP, if not a little more. So that's the point, if we are putting schools aside (which nobody is ever willing to do on CD) nothing catastrophic happens in either place but i still think shirleys neighboring towns drag it down to a lower level than RP, it is certainly not wyandanch you are 100% correct.
Run that by me again... Pequa would see spandex, closed stores and signs of gang activity??
....What island do you live on?!

Old 11-09-2011, 05:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,295,819 times
Quote:
Don't make me tell the story about the pagans we treated after hours in my former practice in massapequa again.
Tell it!

How come they get special treatment and don't have to come in during office hours like everybody else who has to take time off from work???

And what was it like cleaning the Pagans' teeth? Did they act up?

When you clean the teeth of people with gold in their grill do you use jewelry cleaner on the gold parts?

Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Tell it!

How come they get special treatment and don't have to come in during office hours like everybody else who has to take time off from work??

And what was it like cleaning the Pagans' teeth? Did they act up?

When you clean the teeth of people with gold in their grill do you use jewelry cleaner on the gold parts?
Sure, I'd love to.
We treated them after hours because they were loud and inappropriate and they liked later appointments, I don't think work schedules were an issue.
They didn't have grills, that's a different group. One did have a tattoo that said "susie's seat" on the inside of his lower lip.
They paid cash, usually upfront after we got burned by one that went to jail for a few years and didn't pay his bill until he got out. We treated a bunch of their "girls" too.
I can tell you some of the street addresses for them that I remember
Euclid, Pennsylvania, division, tulip(which I think was actually massapequa park).
I found them entertaining as hell, we had a lot of fun with them, but I
wouldn't Moderator cut: language removed

them off!

Last edited by nancy thereader; 11-14-2011 at 07:05 PM..

Old 11-09-2011, 05:28 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,142,604 times
Both Rocky Point and Shirley have a bad gang problem as this footage shows.

West Side Story - Prologue - YouTube

Old 11-09-2011, 05:50 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,415 times
I like coming back to CD and seeing this thread still going strong.

with that being said, I wear spandex WITH gold chains. Do I now have my choice between RP and Pequa? which will i choose!!

Old 11-09-2011, 09:55 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,139,412 times
One question...how could you say excluding the school district? It a MAJOR factor when picking an area. It obviously shows that you want Shirley to be picked more. If you didn't then you never would have tried to exclude the superior district. I'd also take Port Jefferson Station over Shirley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island