Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Oyster Bay vs Massapequa
Oyster Bay 19 51.35%
Massapequa 18 48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:15 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Except if you want to go to Brooklyn. How do you do that from PW?
good point. And what if you have to commute to Greenlawn? Or Sayville? Then you're really screwed!

But to answer your question, if you're going to Atlantic Terminal chances are you're doing it to get into lower Manhattan. And if that's the case, then the subways from Penn have been getting folks down there for at least a hundred years or so....so I think the average commuter from Manhasset is managing just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 01:42 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Advantage: Massapequa for many of the reasons previously given. A small area whose name bears the word Cove is the exception for Oyster Bay. As long as there are fabulously wealthy people up there Wang, John McEnroe, etc., who don't have to deal with the schools or the little people, the illegal population will continue to grow.

Besides, airplanes crash in Cove Neck and Typhoid Mary came from there, too.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Advantage: Massapequa for many of the reasons previously given. A small area whose name bears the word Cove is the exception for Oyster Bay. As long as there are fabulously wealthy people up there Wang, John McEnroe, etc., who don't have to deal with the schools or the little people, the illegal population will continue to grow.

Oyster Bay Cove is a lot bigger than Oyster Bay in terms of size. And while Oyster Bay has more residents, Oyster Bay Cove does have 2,000+ people.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:10 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,166,134 times
This poll is pretty telling, I suspected it would go down 60/40 in favor of Pequa.
We'll see, I thought if I did Syosset it would be too skewed.

I think Glen Cove and Oyster Bay may be the exceptions in Nassau to the Gold Coast advantage.
I was unaware of how bad the Illegal situation was in parts of N Shore Nassau.

Send in TR
; )

Crooks

Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
This poll is pretty telling, I suspected it would go down 60/40 in favor of Pequa.
We'll see, I thought if I did Syosset it would be too skewed.

I think Glen Cove and Oyster Bay may be the exceptions in Nassau to the Gold Coast advantage.
I was unaware of how bad the Illegal situation was in parts of N Shore Nassau.

Send in TR
; )

Crooks
Don't forget parts of Port Washington and Roslyn Heights.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:

WHAT? LOL! Is she the JWOW of her day?

Old 11-09-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Oyster Bay Cove is a lot bigger than Oyster Bay in terms of size. And while Oyster Bay has more residents, Oyster Bay Cove does have 2,000+ people.
My bad... Large area. Ten lashes with a soggy tamale.

This is like saying Setauket is a lot bigger than the Village of Old Field. They may be different in terms of $$$ but they are one in the same in terms of schools and PO.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
WHAT? LOL! Is she the JWOW of her day?
Or Snookie. Take your pick

Old 11-09-2011, 03:23 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,672,241 times
Sagamore Hill is in the Village of Cove Neck ("Oyster Bay, NY 11771" mailing address.)

About 9 of every 10 places with an "Oyster Bay, NY 11771" mailing address (7,002 acres) are NOT in the Hamlet of Oyster Bay (763 acres): these places are in the Village of Centre Island, the Village of Cove Neck, the Village of Oyster Bay Cove, the Village of Laurel Hollow, the Hamlet of East Norwich, the Village of Muttontown, the Village of Upper Brookville and the Village of Mill Neck.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Or Snookie. Take your pick
Jwoww is the LI'er.

Jwoww is from Franklin Square, NY. She is the ONLY native LI'er on the Jersey Shore show.

Snookie was born in Santiago, Chile. She grew up and attended school in Marlboro, NY.

(Yes, I looked this up when a NJ politician tried to deflect blame for the Jersey Shore cast onto LI.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island