Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:17 PM

195 posts, read 310,545 times

Advertisements

i believe it was 4 years ago. middle of december frosty out.
i went to my friends house and played board games then at midnight I went to my parent's house to finish doing some laundry and watch the survivor finale on the computer. i put on a pair of soccer shorts and a t shirt with my long leather jacket and headed out at 2am onto 347 to go home. I didn't let the window de-ice enough so i guess i swerved into another lane by accident for a moment ..that's when a cop pulled me over thinking i was drunk...he wanted to know if had been drinking and wanted to know where I was going
I said the above and he saw my shorts (and my PBA card) ..and i guess he figured I hadn't just come from a bar and let me go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 12:17 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,040 times
I was pulled over in my Bugotti for doing 175 mph on the Sunken Meadow. Upon seeing the supermodel in the passenger seat... umm... "servicing" me, the hapless SCPD union thug wrote me a ticket for being too god damned cool.

Now I spend all my time crying about teacher and cop salaries on the city-data message boards.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
nothing. was driving a 170 mph car (bmw 540i)and he didnt think i should be in one.
he was right i sold it and gota camry now he doesnt pull me over anymore.
police are attracted to quick movement and shiny things, like predators.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:23 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
I was pulled over in my Bugotti for doing 175 mph on the Sunken Meadow. Upon seeing the supermodel in the passenger seat... umm... "servicing" me, the hapless SCPD union thug wrote me a ticket for being too god damned cool.

Now I spend all my time crying about teacher and cop salaries on the city-data message boards.
LIMA the First?

Old 11-14-2011, 01:10 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,045,370 times
The last time I was pulled over I was, of all places, on my honeymoon in Hawaii. I was on a street with a concrete median (Kuhio Ave, in Waikiki, for those who are familiar) and made a U-turn at a break in the median (there was no sign banning the U-turn, and the median break appeared to be intended for U-turns). The cop then pulled me over, saying that I made an illegal U-turn. I said, in a very polite voice, that I am sorry, but that I did not see any sign banning the U-turn. He said that it does not matter if there is a sign or not; in his judgment, the location where I made the U-turn was not a safe location. But he also said (after showing him my license) that since I was from out of state, he would let me go. The whole incident seemed totally bizzarre.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:35 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
Quote:

I know you are just Joking about the Bugotti and supermodel,

Old 11-14-2011, 07:06 PM

200 posts, read 456,805 times
Quote:

lol

Old 11-14-2011, 08:30 PM

322 posts, read 937,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Luckily your impatience didn't lead to being late and paying a fine.
I'm not justifying why i did it, but I really was running late.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
What were you "baited" into?
A guy in an unmarked car rides up so close to your bumper that you can't see his lights, than backs off and guns his engine again, then flashes his lights, then guns around you on the right and tries to cut you off when there isn't room to cut off..then gives you a ticket for tailgating? I'm sorry if I didn't know how close I was to the guy in front of me, I was paying attention to the psychopath in my rear view mirror.

Yeah, I know, cops never do anything like this, they are infallible. superheros.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:49 AM

1,726 posts, read 4,036,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
A guy in an unmarked car rides up so close to your bumper that you can't see his lights, than backs off and guns his engine again, then flashes his lights, then guns around you on the right and tries to cut you off when there isn't room to cut off..then gives you a ticket for tailgating? I'm sorry if I didn't know how close I was to the guy in front of me, I was paying attention to the psychopath in my rear view mirror.

Yeah, I know, cops never do anything like this, they are infallible. superheros.
Yeah right, it's never your fault. The cop made or "baited" you into tailgating or whatever it really was you did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island