Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 01:01 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNNY View Post
As for not making fun of Maryland, I'm sure someone has. If not, probably because Maryland isn't that interesting no offense.

Rub it off, as I said you got to take regional insults with a grain of salt.

Oh, in NoVA, there are plenty of SMIB (Southern Maryland InBred) jokes.

And don't forget, "I'm a Baltimoron, I'm a Baltimoron..."

Last edited by Yzette; 12-01-2011 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Baltimoron!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2011, 01:09 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
If you stopped, perhaps it wouldn't be an issue.
lol thats the best you got know sorry buddy i ain"t a crackhead

Old 12-01-2011, 01:12 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,140,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
WHAT???

But you'd take Appalachia over Long Island, right?
Long Island is like Appalachia but without the mountains and with teeth.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM

10,227 posts, read 6,308,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Which does indeed show that everyone is different, because my sister could not wait to get out of Florida and move back here, and she is thrilled to bits that one of her children is moving to the DC area and getting out of that hot-house of racism and governmental jackarsery. Like you, she hated it there. Florida is where people from the NY tri-state area go to die when they are allergic to dust and can't handle Arizona.

Not that I am defending Long Island or holding it up as wonderful, but if I had to chose between Florida and Long Island, I'll take Long Island.
I AM old and with my dying breathe I do not want to die in Florida. My family has lived and died in NYS since 1840. I do not want to be the first.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,995,398 times
Taxachusettes is PG. The R version is "M*******s."

OK, that got edited...how about Ma$$hole$.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:18 PM

10,227 posts, read 6,308,428 times
For what it's worth, I was born, raised, and lived in NYC until I was 37 and moved to Long Island. This is not just about Long Island, it is about NEW YORK! I would defend NYC, Long Island, and the Syracuse because it was still NEW YORK, against somebody from another STATE attacking it. Obviously, that was Schumer's point too. He is the Senator for ALL of New York State.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,699,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
lol thats the best you got know sorry buddy i ain"t a crackhead
And yet you responded.

Crackhead, no. You've huffed a little too much exhaust.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:27 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
And yet you responded.

Crackhead, no. You've huffed a little too much exhaust.
Thats a chance im willing to take

Old 12-01-2011, 01:28 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,995,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
For what it's worth, I was born, raised, and lived in NYC until I was 37 and moved to Long Island. This is not just about Long Island, it is about NEW YORK! I would defend NYC, Long Island, and the Syracuse because it was still NEW YORK, against somebody from another STATE attacking it. Obviously, that was Schumer's point too. He is the Senator for ALL of New York State.
Well of course. I hate LI like the plague, but I'd defend it against anywhere else. That doesn't mean the "anywhere else" doesn't kick LI's a$$ around the block as a place to live or for quality of life, but NY attitude supercedes all else. Any good NYer (yes, "Nigher" lol) knows that.

One thing I liked about Texas is that it has that NY attitude. I came to see Texas as the NY of the south. They think all their neighbors (Oklahoma, Louisiana, New Mexico) are made up of inbred freaks. I said, "wow, Texans think someplace ELSE is made up of hillbillies!?" In hindsight they were right. TX was downright cosmopolitan compared to OK. In fairness to us, Jersey really is the scum of the earth and CT is in a coma! LOL. See, I can be nice.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:38 PM

239 posts, read 509,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I found McCan's, and that Florida TSA worker's,comments VERY INSULTING, and not funny at all.
I didn't say Florida is paradise. Yes, they're rude people in Florida but they're rude people everywhere. I happen to like Florida because of the beaches. I like the Orlando suburbs because they're new, but I can see why people would think they're tacky. Of course Florida isn't for everybody.

Like I said who cares what McCain and a Florida TSA has to say about LI. I'm not get all upset over what some old politician has to say and surely not what the TSA has to say. People make snitches about everywhere in the country, not just LI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island