Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 06:58 AM

863 posts, read 2,107,322 times

Advertisements

Buffalo Wild wings has your flavors you just have to tell them to fry very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Great wings and Long Island is hard to come by. Fatty Mcgees in East Islip has some good wings, not great. I like a mix of flavors when getting wings such as hot-ranch-garlic-parmesan. But no one out here makes them like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2011, 07:36 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
They only have them flavors in as a single selection. Back in Pennsylvania you can actually order hot-ranch-garlic-parmesan as one flavor/order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
Buffalo Wild wings has your flavors you just have to tell them to fry very well.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:01 AM

863 posts, read 2,107,322 times
Ah well the good life. I am sure there is some law in ny that's trying to protect us from ourselves. God the body must either hate you or love you when eating like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
They only have them flavors in as a single selection. Back in Pennsylvania you can actually order hot-ranch-garlic-parmesan as one flavor/order.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,952,043 times
Sorry to go off topic a little, but you haven't had "hot" wings until you tried this joint by me called Caliente. They have a "stupid" wing challenge that I stupidly did after watching Adam Richman successfully complete the challenge on his show Man Vs.Food.

These wings of death are so hot that the guy that prepares them wears 3-4 pair of gloves. I did 3 and gave up on the 4th which is an accomplishment in itself. I'm shouldn't mention the pain, throwing up and a almost trip to the ER but I have to be honest

Hot Wings of Death John Berman Nightline - ABC News

Last edited by BigMike50; 12-06-2011 at 09:57 AM..

Old 12-06-2011, 08:36 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I used to work in Massapequa where is this woody's?? There was a bar that me and my co-workers used to go to on a friday night after work within walking distance of my office, I was on Grand Ave. It was a hole in the wall but a fellow co-worker used to bartend there and we would get drinks half price. It was a dive and food was so so. In fact we had gone there for lunch and the I remember thw wings were very good but the rest of the food was not. this bar was on a corner. maybe 2 min from my office. It could have been woody's or gannons.

You were in Massapequa. Woodys (the old Courthouse) is in Massapequa Park on Park Blvd.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:52 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,152,502 times
The colon and intestine love when I send them through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbrooklyn View Post
Ah well the good life. I am sure there is some law in ny that's trying to protect us from ourselves. God the body must either hate you or love you when eating like that.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:01 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
You were in Massapequa. Woodys (the old Courthouse) is in Massapequa Park on Park Blvd.
ok not the same place I was thinking of. The one I was thinking of is near the Ice cream shop Krisch's.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,243,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Sorry to go off topic a little, but you haven't had "hot" wings until you tried this joint by me called Caliente.... I'm shouldn't mention the pain, throwing up and a almost trip to the ER but I have to be honest

Sounds great!

Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 PM

449 posts, read 1,132,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Woody's Village Pub in Mass Park. A true dive bar but the owner makes good wings.

It will be featured in the soon to be released movie Young Adult starring Charlize Theron.

And another great reason to live on the Riviera.
I feel so stupid now-my dad's really good friends with the owner. I never thought of that place as a hot wings place, but I'll have to try it this weekend.

Old 12-06-2011, 02:13 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Sorry to go off topic a little, but you haven't had "hot" wings until you tried this joint by me called Caliente. They have a "stupid" wing challenge that I stupidly did after watching Adam Richman successfully complete the challenge on his show Man Vs.Food.

These wings of death are so hot that the guy that prepares them wears 3-4 pair of gloves. I did 3 and gave up on the 4th which is an accomplishment in itself. I'm shouldn't mention the pain, throwing up and a almost trip to the ER but I have to be honest

How are the regular wings? I'm actually going down to your area in a few weeks, open to suggestions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island