Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 02:11 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Marilyn Milian View Post
Jersey City prostitute still missing after 13 months of searching | NJ.com

Good article. Answers a lot of questions better than the local crap.

copy & paste link
I love this part in the article:

Quote:
And in the latest surprise, the Oak Beach man who hired her that night says — for the first time — why Gilbert made a hasty exit from his place and why they never had sex: He thought she might be a man.
So he claims he thought Shannan Gilbert was a SHE MALE! I didn't think she was that homely on the pics they showed on the special. (But the pic from this article is kinda manly I agree.)

Old 12-06-2011, 02:14 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,995,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
epic fail.
again and again...sigh

Old 12-06-2011, 03:26 PM

4,697 posts, read 8,755,638 times
Regarding Gilbert, apparently she was hopped up on various drugs the night she dissapeared. Is it possible she wandered down the beach, somehow ended up in the water, and then drowned?

It just seems like if the john or the driver would have done it, they'd have been charged already.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

So he claims he thought Shannan Gilbert was a SHE MALE! I didn't think she was that homely on the pics they showed on the special. (But the pic from this article is kinda manly I agree.)
Actually now that I think of it, on the special the driver said she was in the house for at least 3 hours. That's NOT a "hasty exit." Either he's lying or the driver is lying.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Regarding Gilbert, apparently she was hopped up on various drugs the night she dissapeared. Is it possible she wandered down the beach, somehow ended up in the water, and then drowned?

It just seems like if the john or the driver would have done it, they'd have been charged already.
Could be, but you'd think her body would have washed up.

As per the article on nj.com:

Quote:
On the waterfront property of Oak Beach, there are several small jetties that jut into the water.

Coletti, the neighbor who called 911, has his own theory about Gilbert.

He doesn’t think anyone murdered her. Panicked, she must have run out on a jetty, slipped and been swept away by a tide, Coletti says.

Two jetties are tucked away in the back of the neighborhood, and Gilbert likely wouldn’t have known the way there. But if she did make it, she would have found tombstones.

Chunks of them are piled there, to give the structure some lasting shape. Some are mess-ups, whether it’s a misspelled word, a crack or a jagged edge. Shallow water is below.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM

14 posts, read 37,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

Poke around a little. She also allegedly advertised her services on a freaky website that was common to transsexuals and transvestites. Now remember the male body in female's clothes....

My theory on this is Brewer has nothing to do with the 10 bodies. Sorry but no way is someone you're planning on killing's last known location going to be your dumping ground for the past 15 + years. You've obviously gone thru great lengths to hide this location, why would you draw attention to it now? She either drowned or met some other fate as a bizarre coincidence. She might have encountered the killer on a coincidence too, but he killed again and dumped there after she falls into his lap on a fluke?...not likely. I also don't think the killer is the last john for any of these girls either. I think he either surveils the women, or habitual johns, and intercepts them at some point before/during/after their visit. There would have been a relatively easy to trace cyber common denominator otherwise, IMO. Plus, back in 96 when this started, craigslist didn't exist. I also think the 4 bodies in AC are definitely related. Dormer looks like a moron on the show. If this case ever gets solved you can bet it will be the FBI or NYPD that cracks it.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:40 PM

14 posts, read 37,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
epic fail.
Your case?

yes

Old 12-06-2011, 05:38 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
. Brewer, the john, said he didn’t realize Gilbert was missing, or that she had run through the neighborhood, until he got a call in the days after. Pak, the driver, and Diaz, the boyfriend, dialed him on a three-way call to discuss what happened
A three way call between her John, driver and abusive bf. Unholy trinity or what?

Old 12-06-2011, 06:50 PM

418 posts, read 1,069,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Marilyn Milian View Post
My theory on this is Brewer has nothing to do with the 10 bodies. Sorry but no way is someone you're planning on killing's last known location going to be your dumping ground for the past 15 + years. You've obviously gone thru great lengths to hide this location, why would you draw attention to it now? She either drowned or met some other fate as a bizarre coincidence. She might have encountered the killer on a coincidence too, but he killed again and dumped there after she falls into his lap on a fluke?...not likely. I also don't think the killer is the last john for any of these girls either. I think he either surveils the women, or habitual johns, and intercepts them at some point before/during/after their visit. There would have been a relatively easy to trace cyber common denominator otherwise, IMO.
Yup, that's how I see this as well.
The killer may have no connection to her case - her disappearance was a serendipitous trigger for finding the others.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:53 PM

1,343 posts, read 5,167,681 times
The 2 hour show could have been condensed to about 15 minutes. Repetitive interviews, shots of the same discovery sites over and over. A really lousy production. Maybe one of the other networks could do a better job. There's got to be more information than they presented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island