Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many killers do you think are responsible in the Gilgo Beach murders?
One Killer 21 52.50%
Multiple Killers 19 47.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 05:24 PM

418 posts, read 1,070,782 times

Advertisements

Another body...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/ny...ng-island.html

Gilgo beach <-> Manorville...?

Starts feeling like we are walking on corps here - makes me very uneasy... I guess, the population is not dense enough when so many victims can get killed and buried unnoticed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2012, 08:22 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,120,606 times
There's probably dozens of bodies out there. Even though we have 7,000,000 people on Long Island we still have some pretty desolate areas that would be prime dumping grounds (ie: Ocean Parkway or the woods of Manorville off the LIE).

And it's not all serial killers, the mob and other criminal groups frequently use Long Island for body disposal.

In regards to Joseph Brewer ... if there was one iota of actual evidence linking him to the killings he would have been locked up a long time ago. I don't think it's him ... and I think there are at least 2 serial killers out there.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:09 PM

999 posts, read 2,360,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Anyone watch the 48 Hours Mystery special on CBS Saturday? I love this question Erin Moriarity asked of Police Commissioner Dormer, "If it was somebody's wife in Oak Beach who was on the phone with 911 for 23 minutes, claiming someone was going to kill her, would the SCPD have done things differently?" Of course, Dormer answers with a lot of bluster defending the officer who showed up and barely looked around.

But, really, if you think about it, wouldn't they have moved heaven and earth, complete with search dogs, that very morning if it was one of the many doctors' wives over there who was missing?

See why i love the NYPD, a few weeks ago a guy robs a lady in brooklyn near pitkin, 20 cops flooded the area to catch a simple thief...

A girl calls telling the pd HE's going to kill me, and no immediate search....

BUT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fairly non life threatening accident gets UMPTEEN PD and STOPS all TRAFFIC.

Lets hope they replace the SC PC with someone from the NYPD. . . . . .

Old 02-19-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011littlehouse View Post
Another body...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/ny...ng-island.html

Gilgo beach <-> Manorville...?

Starts feeling like we are walking on corps here - makes me very uneasy... I guess, the population is not dense enough when so many victims can get killed and buried unnoticed...

Open the areas up to recreation so people can use them for things and killers not wanting to be seen may calm down a little when you got people riding bikes, atv's and 4x's on those properties, and they can buy a use permit every year for like $50 and possibly calm the prop tax increases.....

OH no, you'll all rather trip over someones murdered daughter only walking thru, and without a dog. . .

Old 02-19-2012, 02:40 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,120,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
See why i love the NYPD, a few weeks ago a guy robs a lady in brooklyn near pitkin, 20 cops flooded the area to catch a simple thief...

A girl calls telling the pd HE's going to kill me, and no immediate search....

BUT WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A fairly non life threatening accident gets UMPTEEN PD and STOPS all TRAFFIC.

Lets hope they replace the SC PC with someone from the NYPD. . . . . .

IMO this whole "national search" is a farce ... the truth is likely that the next PC will be someone from the "business as usual" crowd. I mean just look at who Baloney selected as Chief of Dept.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:03 PM

I haven't seen who has picked ? who is he thinking of ?

Old 02-19-2012, 03:47 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,758,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Open the areas up to recreation so people can use them for things and killers not wanting to be seen may calm down a little when you got people riding bikes, atv's and 4x's on those properties, and they can buy a use permit every year for like $50 and possibly calm the prop tax increases.....

OH no, you'll all rather trip over someones murdered daughter only walking thru, and without a dog. . .

You can't go riding ATV's on those dunes/swampy area. Too much damage from Mother Nature, nevermind what the ATVs can do. I've 4WD at FINS and the Outer Beach, Democrat and Sore Thumb. Why do you feel the need to tear up the dunes?

PS -- who in their right mind is going to be ripping around on an ATV in the pitch dark down at Gilgo at 2AM? It's really scary and desolate!

Old 07-18-2013, 12:07 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,338,238 times
Default Update

If you have any interest in the Long Island Serial Killer Case, CBS's program "48 Hours" is airing another episode on their investigation of the case on Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM EST and promises new information, including more on Shannan Gilbert. Watch and we can discuss here!

Old 07-22-2013, 03:01 PM

573 posts, read 1,244,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
If you have any interest in the Long Island Serial Killer Case, CBS's program "48 Hours" is airing another episode on their investigation of the case on Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 10:00 PM EST and promises new information, including more on Shannan Gilbert. Watch and we can discuss here!
Just saw this post so I missed the show - what, if any, new information was given?

Old 07-22-2013, 04:01 PM

247 posts, read 483,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
Just saw this post so I missed the show - what, if any, new information was given?
I watched it. The only thing I had never heard about and was new, to me, was the introduction of the doctor who lives in Oak Beach that supposedly made a call to Gilbert's mother and told her he was treating her and saw her the night of her disappearance. And then when confronted by her mother, he denied ever calling her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island