Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2011, 05:51 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,630 times

Advertisements

For years My Wife and I did a big christmas light display. We reduced the amount because each year many things were stolen or just destroyed.
Well gang this year things are tough I was not going to do much at all.
I started with a few lights on the house. Then she said "DO it, Put everything we have left out" I did. It is nice to see cars and people stop and look . But not like the old days
Untill today Friday at around 7 pm. My 3 dogs "German Hunters go off big time" I looked out the window to see small creatures in my front yard comming up the walk.
I opened the door to hear Real old time Chritmas carrols sung by a group of ANGELS. 5 or 6 young grils Singing .
I was shocked. They left running down the street.
Not one minute latter i got in my truck to give them what little I had.
I drove up and down my long straight steet. They were not to be found.
Maybe there are real Christams ANGELS in East Islip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 06:13 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
For years My Wife and I did a big christmas light display. We reduced the amount because each year many things were stolen or just destroyed.
I started with a few lights on the house. Then she said "DO it, Put everything we have left out" I did. It is nice to see cars and people stop and look . But not like the old days
Untill today Friday at around 7 pm. My 3 dogs "German Hunters go off big time" I looked out the window to see small creatures in my front yard comming up the walk.
I opened the door to hear Real old time Chritmas carrols sung by a group of ANGELS. 5 or 6 young grils Singing .
I do believe there are Christmas angels. This post really warmed my heart.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:28 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,102,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevar242 View Post
Hello to you and your bride and while I am too far from your neck of the woods to have seen your lights, on behalf of the many people whose Christmas memories include your home, let me say thank you and have a Merry Christmas.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:56 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,471 times
They were probably there to divert your attention while their dads ripped off your decorations

Old 12-17-2011, 08:44 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,406,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
They were probably there to divert your attention while their dads ripped off your decorations
Now was that a nice thing to say scrooge??? I have a large bag of coal coming your way because santa said you were naughty

Old 12-17-2011, 12:51 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,879,879 times
kids still love all the displays, keep it up!

Old 12-17-2011, 01:13 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,221 times
Lo many years ago, roughly 1986, this one little boy of about 5 knocked on the door. None of us had ever seen him before, no parents or other adults in sight. This kid just stood there rattling off a medley at top volume that went something like, [FONT=Verdana]"We wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas, we wish you a merry Christmas and let it snow, let it snow, let it snow and silent night, holy night, all is bright, JINGLE BELLS, jingle bells, jingle all the wayyyyyy and Frosty the Snowman was a holly, jolly, holly fa la la la la AND I WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"[/FONT]

*runs away*

Funny to think that he's around 30 years old now.

Hey, if you ever ran around Bay Shore near South Spur Drive when you were 5, banging on doors, caroling, and running away, you didn't give us a chance to thank you, so thank you!

Old 12-17-2011, 06:31 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,630 times
Thanks all who posted, even Gpsma [ your post taken in the spirit of jest] .
Somehow my lights seem brighter, somehow a little more important
somehow an old Biker see this CHRISTMAS in a new LIGHT.
Thanks Angels, and a big thanks to there parents who taught them the meaning of CHRISTMAS.
PS If there is no snow. Santa Comes on a Harley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island