Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 01:45 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,674,589 times

Advertisements

Because people are so sick of all the rules to appease the pansy class. Suck it up..lots of things smell worse than cigarette smoke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 02:02 PM

863 posts, read 2,100,424 times
Look I may have made fun of you but I too have an issue with smoking in an area i am trying to enjoy with my kids. I guess you may have touched on too many places in your original post that people was not sure what to think. As for people not enforcing the rules they are not cops and if they had to stop everyone or call the cops on everyone nothing would get done. Some battles you cannot win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuyandGal View Post
My issue is that not only do people blatantly disregard the rules because for some reason they do not pertain to them, but the people who should be enforcing those rules could care less if they are followed or not. The "No Smoking or Pets" rule is for people to enjoy an outdoor shopping experience and not be disturbed by smelly odors or loud noises. But there always seems to be those people who don't care or try to rationalize it: "Oh, I'm outside so the smoke just disappears. It's not bothering anyone." Yes, I'm more peeved by the smoking issue than the pet issue. The shopping cart thing is just laughable.
I just don't understand why it's so hard for some people to follow the rules.

Old 12-19-2011, 02:51 PM

1,144 posts, read 2,979,068 times
Just ignore them, take the high road. If they are being disrespectful, take pity on them.

There shouldn't have to be rules and emforcement for people to respect other people. Smokers nor pets aren't problems as long as the people are curtious. It's just a lack of manners, respect, courtesy and class. These things should come as common sense to everyone!

I don't smoke or have a dog, but the "entitlement" generation with the "I do what I want, Fxxx you!" attitude is ruining it for everybody.

Ugh!

Old 12-19-2011, 03:25 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,739,155 times
Seriously? THIS is the issue for you? Not that a large number of the stores at the outlets are not not outlets at all, but retail locations? Not the huge amount of real estate that was used for what is still a largely vacant shopping center? But that people have their dogs ....outside? And that people who smoke are doing it.....outside? If the dogs were pooping on the walkways (and it wasn't being cleaned up) and the smokers were running up to you and blowing smoke directly in your face, I could possibly muster up some sympathy for you.

As it is, I can only imagine you go to the outlets to get great prices on new panties since you seem utterly incapable of unbunching the ones you have.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
I don't smoke or have a dog, but the "entitlement" generation with the "I do what I want, Fxxx you!" attitude is ruining it for everybody.

Ugh!

Occupy the arches?

Old 12-19-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Because people are so sick of all the rules to appease the pansy class. Suck it up..lots of things smell worse than cigarette smoke.

.......man oh man, is that a softball he just tossed over the plate or WHAT?

Old 12-19-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIGuyandGal View Post
I just don't understand why it's so hard for some people to follow the rules.

Ever talk on your cell phone while driving?

Text while in a movie theater?

Leave your newspaper on a train or bus?

Post on the internet while you're at work?

There are nominally rules against ALL these things, too. It just that people tend to get uppity when other people break rules that inconvenience them.

Glass Houses is not JUST a Billy Joel album.....

Old 12-19-2011, 04:59 PM

322 posts, read 933,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Like your rude posts? How old are you?

Old 12-19-2011, 05:01 PM

20,821 posts, read 28,141,533 times
I could care less what others do. People break rules all the time.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:30 PM

8,797 posts, read 21,196,799 times
Please stop the bickering back & forth.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island