Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 06:52 AM

270 posts, read 964,222 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! I posted yesterday about strathmore on the green, but so far no replies....:-) So how about Country pointe @ coram or the hunt club? Anyone familiar with these developments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,675,564 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/long-...ce-town-4.html

Coram spilled over into the Centerach thrad.

Make of it what you will.

Id prefer North or South.

C

Old 10-26-2007, 11:55 AM

7 posts, read 25,330 times
I live in Country Pointe @ Coram. What did you want to know?

Old 10-30-2007, 09:02 AM

185 posts, read 1,215,784 times
We almost purchased a unit in the hunt club and at our 3rd visit there on the verge of making an offer we experienced snobby residents there and were completely turned off. People who literally looked us UP AND DOWN and walked by us. We almost ran out of the complex and would never want to live with such people or raise our children around them. Also the facilities - locker room, and gym is quite run down. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2010, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 7,545 times
I wouldnt waste my time on the Hunt Club. They charge an ever increasing monthly maintenance charge of which about 95% goes towards beautifying the clubhouse, the pool, tennis courts. The basketball court is not properly maintained. Their rules forbid you from doing any work on the exterior of your house & the surrounding grounds, but if you dont do your own work on the grounds it will fall into disrepair. The pool is used by very few people not enough to justify the $725,000.00 that the association spent to update it. The tennis courts are used VERY rarely & the basket ball court is never used. Some idiot in a black Cadillac with no legal status drives around constantly harrassing homeowners about things that he thinks they should do with their respective properties & the surrounding roads. Hardly anyone wants to run for membership on the board of directors as they have their own lives to live. The houses are nice however it seems that a recent court ruling states that if you are behind in your common charges the association can accelerate forecloser on the house if though the homeowner owns it just so that they the association can get their commmon charges. If you could take the houses & move them or get rid of the homeowners association it would be a nice place to live. Each court has a rep but he is no more than a figurehead as the board has already decided what it wants regardless of anything the courtyard reps say their respective courts. If you like an atmosphere as described above then this is the place for you, otherwise look elsewhere.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:15 AM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times
This is why I cant stand gated communities.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 6,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker1 View Post
I live in Country Pointe @ Coram. What did you want to know?
Looked at the units in Country Pointe and really like them, thinking of purchasing, how is it run, seems very quite. Can you tell me what are some of the rules, can you wash your car in the driveway, can have pets, walk them on a leash. How are the pools are they really crowded during the summer. If you can think of anything else I should know would love to hear it. Thanks

Old 08-23-2015, 01:53 PM

3 posts, read 4,703 times
There is a new Board of Directors in the Hunt Club. The place has never looked better! The facilities are well maintained and the HOA is financially healthy. The Board of Directors enforces rules fairly and has taken steps to make sure homeowners take care of their units! Well done! It is a great place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island