Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,899 times

Advertisements

Hows the area around ONTARIO STREET in Terryville? The house prices are low and I heard some bad things about the area.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/5-...59475192_zpid/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 12:12 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limover View Post
Hows the area around ONTARIO STREET in Terryville? The house prices are low and I heard some bad things about the area.
5 Ontario St, Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776 MLS# 2454280 - Zillow
The houses are hit and miss but in my own opinion, I would not buy there especially if you have or are going to have children. Avoid the lake streets.

Old 12-25-2011, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,858 times
it used to be a nice area about 20-25 years ago. Now not so much. Drugs, sex offenders and over loaded houses broken into several apartments. We lived there and had to leave. It got too much

Old 12-27-2011, 02:34 PM

3 posts, read 9,218 times
I made this map showing the safety of each of the areas of PJS TERRYVILLE and PJ. Green means its pretty safe, yellow means a little worse, orange means getting kind of bad, and red means worry for your safety.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/63349578.jpg

Old 12-27-2011, 03:14 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,144,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woguemother View Post
I made this map showing the safety of each of the areas of PJS TERRYVILLE and PJ. Green means its pretty safe, yellow means a little worse, orange means getting kind of bad, and red means worry for your safety.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Sorry but you are really reaching. I just saw your map and it is invalid. The area called parkridge circle which is off north bicycle path which borders north coram is very nice and very safe. An orange outline is flat out wrong. I don't mean to offend but I know pjs and terryville backwards and forwards as well as all of the border towns. You are completely wrong. If the op wants to know about the whole town, i'd be glad to properly analyze it. Unfortunately you are guessing. The lake streets are bad. The cigarette streets are yellow and some orange. The woodhull area is orange-yellow. The area behind heatherwood golf course is green. The areas by block blvd are orange. All the streets off bicycle path are yellow at worst but get worse as you get closer to jayne blvd.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:36 AM

60 posts, read 188,924 times
I moved out of Dillon Ave in Terryville back in 1974 when I graduated from Comsewogue H.S.. The area was slowly sinking then. In the years I've been back the whole area of the lake streets off Jayne Blvd (ontario st ect) have slipped into a lower middle class mode, with the atending problems that plague most neighborhoods) All, and I mean all the people I knew left the area by 1988. It really is a shame I grew up in that neighborhood and played on those streets. I remember when the Clinton ave school was being built in 1968 and when the terryville elementary school was brand new in 1961. I remember the people of the neighborhood working all Saturday morning on their lawns. I guess you never really can go home again. Be smart and stay away from the area. Cadillac811

Old 12-28-2011, 02:36 PM

3 posts, read 9,218 times
This pretty much sums it up:
Crime Report: 2 Arrested for Selling Drugs - Port Jefferson, NY Patch

Old 01-08-2012, 08:18 PM

66 posts, read 151,364 times
Its a 75% hispanic area with a lot of illegal apartments= a BARRIO. They did however clean it up by fining slumlords and picking up garbage. But its still the same neighborhood.

Press Room

VID-20111027-00007 - YouTube

Old 01-08-2012, 09:15 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,932 times
What point were you trying to make with the video? A couple of guys were singing a Spanish song while driving (and we don't even know if the video was taken in PJS). And the swerving in the camera is from the guy moving it around, not from drunk driving or anything.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 PM

66 posts, read 151,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
What point were you trying to make with the video? A couple of guys were singing a Spanish song while driving (and we don't even know if the video was taken in PJS). And the swerving in the camera is from the guy moving it around, not from drunk driving or anything.
Theres nothing wrong with the people its just showing the OP what kind of area it is and the people in it. Its just the only video I can find for it. Thats Clinton Ave in the video also, part of the Lake Streets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island