Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 10:40 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
What? Now you're high. I threw you a bone and you got all delusional on me. Come visit both before you make a fool of yourself like this . I'd still take most of Nassau over them, just to be clear. But if someone's dead set on Suffolk, I'd look at Sayville -- where at least you have a decent town and fast hwy back to civilization..
Delusional? threw me a bone? who are you that I need you to bless me with your skewed opinions?

What is so special about Massapequa? and please explain how Sayville is not civilized.

I don't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 10:54 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Delusional? threw me a bone? who are you that I need you to bless me with your skewed opinions?

What is so special about Massapequa? and please explain how Sayville is not civilized.

I don't understand.
Take it easy savaged, I'm just messing around with you.
But you made the comment first so the burden is on you:
Sorry to break it to you but Sayville, Oakdale, Bayport or Blue point are all nicer than Massapequa

What is so special about those 4 towns that they are nicer than Massapequa? Apples & Oranges for starters, but be my guest trying to explain how they're nicer.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Take it easy savaged, I'm just messing around with you.
But you made the comment first so the burden is on you:
Sorry to break it to you but Sayville, Oakdale, Bayport or Blue point are all nicer than Massapequa

What is so special about those 4 towns that they are nicer than Massapequa? Apples & Oranges for starters, but be my guest trying to explain how they're nicer.
I know, I'm messing around too - And not for anything but i said that in a reply to GPS cause I was sick of seeing "Suffolk is a dump" in every thread.

They are not nicer - they are about as equal as it gets though for Suffolk when comparing to Pequa. I was just busting Balls just like you and GPS always do. No worries

Old 12-28-2011, 10:59 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
I know, I'm messing around too - And not for anything but i said that in a reply to GPS cause I was sick of seeing "Suffolk is a dump" in every thread.

They are not nicer - they are about as equal as it gets though for Suffolk when comparing to Pequa. I was just busting Balls just like you and GPS always do. No worries

Just when I returned with a hot cup of coffee and my sandwich, you two decide to play nice.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Just when I returned with a hot cup of coffee and my sandwich, you two decide to play nice.
I could rile it up again if you would like

Old 12-28-2011, 11:19 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,746,443 times
Quote:

Gotcha. No worries here either.
They're definitely not like a Selden or RP . Tax-wise though they are up there. You know your Suffolk towns well.

Old 12-28-2011, 11:27 AM

283 posts, read 581,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINY89 View Post
Did you even go to school? Middle Island is another 20 minutes EAST of me...MIDDLE island. If I live about 50 miles from the Hamptons and 50 from the heart of Manhattan how in the world is that "out east"? You clearly don't even know what the "boonies/sticks" are. The suburbs are the suburbs. Maybe 10 % of the entire island is legitimately rural anymore. Hate it as much as you want, but Ronkonkoma and all of western suffolk are still the suburbs of NYC. Why don't you tell the NYPD cops on my block how stupid they are for having to commute "from the boonies" everyday? Why don't you come see the signs for FDNY members from here who died in 9/11? Instead of seeing cows and farm land you would see my hand speeding toward your face to slap you. That's how stupid you are.

LMAO, you really are funny! Yes of course I went to school. That is how I found my job in NYC to pay for this house in nassau county.good thing I will never have to worry about you becoming my neighbor, you won't get very far with that attitude

Old 12-28-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Gotcha. No worries here either.
They're definitely not like a Selden or RP . Tax-wise though they are up there. You know your Suffolk towns well.
Thank you, and yes I do know Suffolk too well probably... the taxes as well as house prices are pretty high for a reason in those areas.

You know I have always been fond of the Pequas - I like the bigger plots compared to western Nassau.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:21 PM

418 posts, read 1,070,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
If you believe the online databases, just this month a $12.3 mil house sold in Old Field (14,000 sq ft, taxes about $100,000) - one of 5 houses that sold for > $10 mil on Long Island in the past 3 months.

199 Old Field Rd, Setauket, NY 11733 | MLS# P1121960

It is a very nice area there at the light house, but I wonder if this is a data entry error - may have been $1.23mil?
Realtors (who presumably enter the data) seem to have little respect for zeroes sometimes . But could be real.

Speaking of million-dollar houses and zeroes, check this address in Rocky Point - I bet Massapequa does not have a property that has sold for $29.3 mil, low taxes too...

53 Mahogany Rd, Rocky Point, NY 11778

Old 12-28-2011, 12:21 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
Quote:
Thank you, and yes I do know Suffolk too well .

so admit it...it's a DUMP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island