Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 10:40 PM

149 posts, read 359,256 times

Advertisements

ISP isn't for BK or any other city areas...it's for people flying TO NY who want a more stress free way to get to NYC. It also makes more sense than JFK or LaGuardia for people in Nassau because there is usually much more traffic going into the city than away from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 10:40 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,108,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINY89 View Post
Anything east of 110? 110 is in Nassau you idiot.
Fail.

County Line Road is the dividing point between Nassau and Suffolk, and 110 is east of that line. Plus, it passes through Amityville, North Amityville, Melville, and Huntington, which are all in Suffolk.

Every single inch of 110 is in Suffolk: //www.city-data.com/county/Suffolk_County-NY.html

Quote:
Fail. Stewart Airport is in Dutchess County which IS upstate.
Second fail. Stewart Airport is in Orange County (Which is on the opposite side of the Hudson from Dutchess)

Old 12-26-2011, 10:53 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,636,857 times
Quote:
ISP isn't for BK or any other city areas...it's for people flying TO NY who want a more stress free way to get to NYC. It also makes more sense than JFK or LaGuardia for people in Nassau because there is usually much more traffic going into the city than away from.
So why should it be a city airport if it isn't for "BK or any other city areas "?

And given that most Nassau residents are closer to LGA or JFK, why should they use ISP?

Old 12-26-2011, 11:12 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,244,892 times
Quote:
I just can't stand it. Whenever I meet someone from Nassau they are so stuck up and pretentious when I tell them I'm from Western Suffolk in the Ronkonkoma area. When they ask where in Suffolk and I tell them Ronkonkoma their reaction is always the same: "Oh, so you're way out there" or "Oh, so the east end" or "Oh that's way out east!".
How old are they?

See, I grew up in Bay Shore, but one of my sibs married someone from Sayville and at the time, we all thought that was far. When one of my high school buddies moved to Holbrook, my friends and I were all like, "Where are you moving?"

But things weren't as developed out here 30, 35 years ago. I'll be honest with you: I'm out here now and, well, it's "out here." It's just a mental holdover from childhood.

However, if it's a younger crowd who's saying it, yeah, snotty pretension.

Quote:
Also, you can see the NYC skyline from Bay Shore at Robert Moses on a clear day and in Melville as well easily.
Used to look for the Twin Towers all the time as we went over the bridge.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 PM

10 posts, read 18,356 times
If anything is considered the "boonies" on Long Island, it's not until you reach Coram. There's really not much around there from what I could tell when I went to the military cemetery in Calverton and went to look for apartments in Ridge. I'd say anything east of Coram is still pretty populated.

If you look at a map of Long Island on google maps, you can tell where it starts to get less populated.

Old 12-27-2011, 01:00 AM

149 posts, read 359,256 times
The people who say route 110 starts out east is mentally impaired and doesn't understand where the halfway points of objects are.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:53 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,649,716 times
Quote:
No one flying to NYC is going to fly to ISLIP because of "less stress". And then lug all their luggage to a taxi and then cram themselves into the LIRR or drive another 70+ min to Manhattan. Give me a break

Old 12-27-2011, 05:36 AM

20,894 posts, read 28,287,318 times
Quote:
You are a complete moron. I have a friend in Yonkers just north of the Bronx and you can see the empire state building clear as day from down his street. There is also New Rochelle which is anything but upstate. Mount Vernon too. You also have White Plains up there. Those are all definitely not considered upstate. Generally speaking most people refer to upstate as anything north of Rockland County. Anything east of 110? 110 is in Nassau you idiot. So anything more than like 15 miles east of Queens is out east? You really have no clue and it's people like you that make me start these threads. Pure ignorance. Please explain why MacArthur airport is an OFFICIAL NYC airport if it's the boonies.
Not all of route 110 is Nassau County. Stop calling people idiots. I get what you are saying about people thinking you are in the boonies but do we really need a rant and thread on it???

Old 12-27-2011, 05:37 AM

20,894 posts, read 28,287,318 times
Quote:
The people who say route 110 starts out east is mentally impaired and doesn't understand where the halfway points of objects are.
Route 110 starts in Nassau and goes into suffolk towards Huntington which is in suffolk.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:51 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,664,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Route 110 starts in Nassau and goes into suffolk towards Huntington which is in suffolk.
When is 110 in Nassau? It starts in Amityville, and ends in Huntington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island