Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 06:44 AM

74 posts, read 554,965 times

Advertisements

Good morning! There is a huge pot hole on Henry street in Commack. I had a blow out last night.

I called the town office. The told me they do not own the road. They refered me to a John Baker- Called John Baker and he said he does not own it and call the town back. I called the town back and they told me to call the town attorney office. They are not in right now!!

uggg. It is a bad pot hold more like a creator... Do I have any recourse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sseligson View Post
Good morning! There is a huge pot hole on Henry street in Commack. I had a blow out last night.

I called the town office. The told me they do not own the road. They refered me to a John Baker- Called John Baker and he said he does not own it and call the town back. I called the town back and they told me to call the town attorney office. They are not in right now!!

uggg. It is a bad pot hold more like a creator... Do I have any recourse?

Ask Target to fix it.

Old 12-27-2011, 06:57 AM

Well may do that but the bigger issue is I would like to file for a claim on my flat

Old 12-27-2011, 07:25 AM

456 posts, read 1,428,284 times
I'll be sure to avoid the Henry Street pothole in Commack. By the way, where is Henry Street?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:48 AM

Okay so update- Called Target. They were clueless. Smithtown town attorney office called me back. Henery street is owned by 3 different constituents. The town, the County and Lowes. Depending on where the hole was would depend on who is responsible. Ugggg

Old 12-27-2011, 08:29 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Okay so update- Called Target. They were clueless. Smithtown town attorney office called me back. Henery street is owned by 3 different constituents. The town, the County and Lowes. Depending on where the hole was would depend on who is responsible. Ugggg
Nothing like having multiple layers of bureaucracy to make sure nothing gets done.

Old 12-27-2011, 08:59 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,244,639 times
Quote:
Can you actually file a cliam for the flat due to a pothole? I always thought that was tough to do.

Old 12-27-2011, 10:18 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,704,063 times
Don't know about Long Island but I believe you could file suit in NYC if the pothole was reported and was not fixed in a certain period of time. If it wasn't reported you were SOS.

Wonder where LIMA is...Im sure we could all use driving instructions RE: potholes.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:24 PM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Wonder where LIMA is...Im sure we could all use driving instructions RE: potholes.
Clearly you don't know anything about driving, like the other 95%. The trick is to drive so fast that your car defies gravity, making potholes a non-factor. If you happen to be in front of someone employing this method, you are obligated to move over even if it means rolling your car into a ditch.

LIMA is required to consult me before posting his driving tips, so I'm just going ahead and posting this on his behalf.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:35 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,082,969 times
I know for most pothole claims, they will not be paid if they occur between November and March. So it seems like you could be out of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island