Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 09:02 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
It's TOO not To...but I digress in my response. No, he really didnt sound like a crackhead..he did sound like a neighbor who can be a pain in the butt. I suspect that is why someone reported him.
someone reported him because their probbly retired and have to much time on their hands i know because i got one of those
he did sound like he was being a tad of a smart @ss but if a cop/ town officer busted my balls like that i"d be one too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 08:37 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
I'd really hope that a retired Elementary School English teacher would move next to you.

Old 01-25-2012, 08:44 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,743,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
someone reported him because their probbly retired and have to much time on their hands i know because i got one of those
he did sound like he was being a tad of a smart @ss but if a cop/ town officer busted my balls like that i"d be one too.
I don't even think anyone reported him. He had violations going back as far as at least 2004 (looking at the assessors photo from that date). He probably went many years before getting hit by TOBay. Honestly, I think if it were just the boat and not a giant RV in the yard, I don't think he would be in this situation.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:38 PM

19 posts, read 44,206 times
Default I beg to differ

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
If your post was removed, it must have been in violation of the TOS.

8.2.6 specifies "RESIDENCE DISTRICTS" I've bolded and underlined it to make it easier to spot.

The Town's code has listed two laws concerning parking for private vehicles and private homes are included under Chapter 246.

You're on a corner, in a very visible location with a large RV trailer which can be seen from an intersection. The complainant could have been anyone -- a neighbor who has had enough, someone pulling into the golf course parking lot. The picture on the Nassau tax website, taken in 2004, shows your home with a Bobcat parked on the front lawn, no workmen in sight.

You might not have liked what the inspector had to say, but he's only the messenger doing his job. Getting all in his face, videotaping him, posting him on youtube proves what? That he was as patient as could be and that you were trying to bait him in some way.

You're parking a very large RV and a boat on grass in a backyard in a residential neighborhood. It has to be on a paved surface -- like your driveway. If it were in your driveway to begin with, chances are the inspector would never have darkened your doorway.
from your first post you've made rude and incorrect remarks . I'll let you know how a JUDGE not you handles any summons that may be issued. sorry but the inspector was NOT just doing his job. if he was he would have just written up the notice and moved on. what kind of stupid statement are you making about the tax map? should we be impressed? where do any of you clowns get off making these statements as if you know me ? and since you know how to look up the town codes please enlighten us all with where it states anything about a trailer or boat being kept on a paved surface? and if you take the time to read you'll realize i know who made the complaint

Old 01-25-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Your whitey tighties are really bunched up...either that, or your neighbors hate you for breathing. I suspect the latter.

In any case, I frankly don't care what you do with your boat, rv or deck..it's your problem, not mine.

But in the spirit of friendship and neighorliness, I would like to invite you and my fellow gang member, Pequaman, for a nice cool alcoholic beverage of your choosing in one of the better gin mills in our local community. I think if you already don't do crack...you might find some comfort in alcohol.

I have no problemo with peuaboy. he's entitled to his opinion. if you search nassau shores civic assoc on facebook and READ the posted statements you'll know where I'm comming from. I can't beleive how so many people responding to this thread pequa included just want to assume that somehow I'm the cause of this issue. lol its a joke it just so happens that I have never had any other complaint or problem with the t.o.b. and I don't live my life waiting for the next fight. I just got tired of being treated like a jerk and decided to fight back. drive or google my neighbor hood. I'm not i anything that anyone else isn't. thanks for your reply

Old 01-25-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
If you think he sounded like a crackhead in that video then you had 1 to many cold ones.
thats because your running your mouth before you comprehend the complete issue. if you search facebook for nassau shore civic assoc and youtube for town of oyster arrogant enforcement officer and READ READ every thing posted you might realize I'm a little pissed off. thank for your reply

Old 01-25-2012, 01:54 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoripp View Post
from your first post you've made rude and incorrect remarks . I'll let you know how a JUDGE not you handles any summons that may be issued. sorry but the inspector was NOT just doing his job. if he was he would have just written up the notice and moved on. what kind of stupid statement are you making about the tax map? should we be impressed? where do any of you clowns get off making these statements as if you know me ? and since you know how to look up the town codes please enlighten us all with where it states anything about a trailer or boat being kept on a paved surface? and if you take the time to read you'll realize i know who made the complaint
Actually, OBH makes many informative and helpful posts. She was trying to help you, believe it or not.

As for the inspector, yeah, he thought he was doing you a favor by not writing the official summons (which means a trip to court) and verbally instructing you on how to comply. From your reaction, you wanted the summons so you could see what code number(s) everything came under. Other people would have been okay with getting a chance to come up to code without any official paper being written.

As for the bold and underlined, are you planning your defense around the code mentions "passenger vehicles" and you think that only means things that travel on roads like automobiles, trucks, etc., and not RV trailers without motors or boats, so these things are not under the code and therefore do not have to be parked on a paved surface?

Let us know how it goes when you go to court. Even better, record it for YouTube. Are you hiring a lawyer or presenting it to the court yourself?

As for the bolded part, if you know who made the complaint, have you confronted them about it?

Old 01-25-2012, 01:57 PM

Default You sure talk sh@t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I don't even think anyone reported him. He had violations going back as far as at least 2004 (looking at the assessors photo from that date). He probably went many years before getting hit by TOBay. Honestly, I think if it were just the boat and not a giant RV in the yard, I don't think he would be in this situation.

What violations are QUOTING? in 2004 I'm sorry dude but all you are is a guy looking for an argument thats evident from your very first post where you smelt a rat. you sounded pissed off that I posted and then left the thread before you could spew your hate. its people like you that make massapequa great.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Actually, OBH makes many informative and helpful posts. She was trying to help you, believe it or not.

As for the inspector, yeah, he thought he was doing you a favor by not writing the official summons (which means a trip to court) and verbally instructing you on how to comply. From your reaction, you wanted the summons so you could see what code number(s) everything came under. Other people would have been okay with getting a chance to come up to code without any official paper being written.

As for the bold and underlined, are you planning your defense around the code mentions "passenger vehicles" and you think that only means things that travel on roads like automobiles, trucks, etc., and not RV trailers without motors or boats, so these things are not under the code and therefore do not have to be parked on a paved surface?

Let us know how it goes when you go to court. Even better, record it for YouTube. Are you hiring a lawyer or presenting it to the court yourself?

As for the bolded part, if you know who made the complaint, have you confronted them about it?
thanks for you input i will let you know how i make out if i ever get a summons. Sorry but when some one in any enforcement agency gives you a verbal order to do ANYTHING you have a right to question the legality of the order. This guy wanted to order me to move my stuff, came back prior to the return date on the notice he issued (which never included the rv or boat to begin with) to make sure i did, and then did everything in his power to NOT provide applicable codes I was alledgedly in violation of. THAT IS NOT A FAVOR! The only person he's trying to save a trip to court is himself. as far as debating a legal stratergy i'm relativley sure I have as much experience in court than you and obh put together. I ask one favor of you please follow the link on youtube to my facebook page or search nassau shores civic assoc on face book and READ the posted information. thanks again

Old 01-25-2012, 02:27 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,702,873 times
Otto....how about we all come over your house this weekend to see what the inspector is looking at. This way we can appreciate your concerns.

Now don't think you have to go out of your way to be hospitable. It wont be that cold this weekend so we can do with some BBQ. Couple of dogs, some burgers, ribs...nothing elaborate. Any kind of beer will do for me. And...if you are so inclined I do like Ketel One.

So what do you say...you invite all your new CD friends over your house for an impromtu inspection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island