Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 05:29 AM

9 posts, read 16,881 times

Advertisements

We are currently in West Islip. Taxes are very high, and u get very little in terms of house for the money. With them starting to close schools here we are ready to leave. Anybody familiar with Sommerset Estates in Holbrook?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 05:47 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,530,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tee View Post
We are currently in West Islip. Taxes are very high, and u get very little in terms of house for the money. With them starting to close schools here we are ready to leave. Anybody familiar with Sommerset Estates in Holbrook?
Next devlopment from me. I am in New England Village. Taxes are cheap in Holkbrook.

VERY NICE Devlopment!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:45 AM

3,520 posts, read 5,702,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Next devlopment from me. I am in New England Village. Taxes are cheap in Holkbrook.

VERY NICE Devlopment!
Taxes are reasonable, I wouldnt say cheap.... I am in Birchwood Estates in Holbrook.

I dont know about Somerset taxes, those houses are newer and probably have higher taxes than the surrounding area.

Somerset's current school setup in Sachem is:

Tamarac ES - great school, my son is there now
Sequoia MS
Sachem East

Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 AM

Good info thanks. How do you like the general area?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 AM

270 posts, read 964,509 times
I think all of those areas are nice. We had looked at a few houses in parkland which is i believe almost across the street from new england village. Love new enlgand village and birchwood also

Old 01-09-2012, 08:49 AM

Does Sommerset fall under town of Islip? Does anybody know? I know Holbrook is part town of Islip and Brookhaven.

Also we saw some homes in Alexander Estates - which basically is a one block community on Trailbazer Ct.- does anybody know what schools this falls into? I think we are more leaning toward Sommerset because it is more community feel as opposed to one block.

Thank you all for your input.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:38 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,822 times
Nice big homes in that development. Taxes vary, but in general holbrook is reasonable because most is under Sachem. Easy access to Nichols and LIE and sunrise from there. I believe its town of Islip.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Does Sommerset fall under town of Islip? Does anybody know? I know Holbrook is part town of Islip and Brookhaven.

Also we saw some homes in Alexander Estates - which basically is a one block community on Trailbazer Ct.- does anybody know what schools this falls into? I think we are more leaning toward Sommerset because it is more community feel as opposed to one block.

Thank you all for your input.
Somerset is in Islip Town. Easiest way to tell...

Islip = Blue/White Street Signs
Brookhaven = Green/White Street Signs

I think that area falls in to the Merrimac ES/Seneca MS/Sachem North district

Old 01-09-2012, 05:14 PM

Any thoughts on the North High HS or East HS?

Old 01-09-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Any thoughts on the North High HS or East HS?

Depends on who you ask.... Test scores are about the same...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island