Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:22 PM

655 posts, read 1,059,850 times

Advertisements

I know the grocery market is struggling these days but it would seem this is a good time for ShopRite to expand. Pathmark and Waldbaums are considerably weaker than they once were and I find ShopRite tends to be cleaner, offer better specials and selection of goods vs. Pathmark and Waldbaums. I am not a fan of Stop and Shop but it would seem they have taken the lead.

Given that it is unlikely that Long Island will ever get a SuperWalmart, I could see ShopRite doing well.

The ShopRite in Uniondale is Thompson's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 01:39 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,528 times
I work there so i shouldin't complain but yall really need to get lives looking at the parking lot you think
it was a rock concert..

Old 10-15-2012, 02:08 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,702,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
I work there so i shouldin't complain but yall really need to get lives looking at the parking lot you think
it was a rock concert..
Be happy that the parking lot is full and the store is busy. If things get quiet, you could find yourself without a job.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:25 PM

198 posts, read 779,325 times
i have not visited there yet, any input on coupon policy? how nice is the store compared to commack?

Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 PM

383 posts, read 664,546 times
The store set up is really wierd. Clean store. Chinese buffet for takeout 4.99 lb. Shoprite does have the best prices on groceries

Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 PM

732 posts, read 1,734,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malishka31 View Post
i have not visited there yet, any input on coupon policy? how nice is the store compared to commack?
I'd say it's on par. Probably a little bit worse, but still far ahead of Patchogue. This store seems huge.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,319,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR1997 View Post
I know the grocery market is struggling these days but it would seem this is a good time for ShopRite to expand. Pathmark and Waldbaums are considerably weaker than they once were and I find ShopRite tends to be cleaner, offer better specials and selection of goods vs. Pathmark and Waldbaums. I am not a fan of Stop and Shop but it would seem they have taken the lead.

Given that it is unlikely that Long Island will ever get a SuperWalmart, I could see ShopRite doing well.

The ShopRite in Uniondale is Thompson's.
I totally agree. Pathmark and Waldbaums are dumps, I wish they'd fold already so Shop Rite can come into those locations. Shop Rite is much more common in NJ where there's at least one in every town. They just opened a huge new "World Class" Shoprite in Toms River this year which is bigger than any supermarket on Long Island! The selection is huge! And yes Shop Rite has the best prices, thats why Shop Rite no matter where you go is always a madhouse! Best selection, best prices, and a clean store. I wish one would have opened in that Home Depot Expo space instead of the Fairway, which is nice, but tends to be much more expensive than Shop Rite.
But I'm glad to see Shop Rite making more inroads on Long Island, all we need is for A&P to finally die so Shop Rite can come in it's place!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:01 PM

732 posts, read 1,734,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I totally agree. Pathmark and Waldbaums are dumps, I wish they'd fold already so Shop Rite can come into those locations. Shop Rite is much more common in NJ where there's at least one in every town. They just opened a huge new "World Class" Shoprite in Toms River this year which is bigger than any supermarket on Long Island! The selection is huge! And yes Shop Rite has the best prices, thats why Shop Rite no matter where you go is always a madhouse! Best selection, best prices, and a clean store. I wish one would have opened in that Home Depot Expo space instead of the Fairway, which is nice, but tends to be much more expensive than Shop Rite.
But I'm glad to see Shop Rite making more inroads on Long Island, all we need is for A&P to finally die so Shop Rite can come in it's place!
The only problem with Shoprite is that some of the owners are not as good as others (I'm looking at you, Jansons).

Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 AM

884 posts, read 1,405,433 times
Reminds me of these.

Shoprite can can - YouTube

Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,370 times
I call it the zombie store they all act like one
I also find if you don't use the produce that day it's bad the next any one else find that to be the case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island