Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:53 PM

999 posts, read 2,350,046 times

Advertisements

Stop bitching about quiet planes, 20 years ago when there were LOUD then you had noise. . .

None of you bitching having any noise or you'd tell me where you live so i can make the next jack ass movie, staring you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 10:55 PM

Now im coming to that meeting and DEMANDING they bring back the LOUD and dirty old motors with the super high pitched whine that was so loud you couldn't record it on anything because it distorted the mic's.

I want the FAA to bring back the real noisey motors so then you'll know what noise is

Old 02-23-2012, 06:49 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,804,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
Stop bitching about quiet planes, 20 years ago when there were LOUD then you had noise. . .

None of you bitching having any noise or you'd tell me where you live so i can make the next jack ass movie, staring you
"A Bugatti Veyron is not fast, a jetliner is fast". Great logic.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
"A Bugatti Veyron is not fast, a jetliner is fast". Great logic.

Really, this is why i want to start taping the next jackass movie

You're the one with the dopey logic, no one brought up anything about fast, just the facts of you have no noise pollution and are bitching in a time of the quiet motor equipped aircraft. . . which is easily 40% quieter.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:00 PM

You have no noise. . . . Your video proved it. . . .we heard you pas wind over the plane you were videoing.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,988,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh71 View Post
Facts of no noise? Where? How???

I actually think you're serious here so I'll explain. It's called using a metaphor to show your line of thought. Is a Veyron not the fastest car in the world? Just because there's something that can move faster, it doesn't mean it's not fast.

Just because there's a landfill in Staten Island that's smellier, it doesn't mean the one being contested on LI doesn't smell.

Just because there are louder planes out there, it doesn't mean these are not loud. Your arbitrary figure of 40% quieter != 100% quieter... which literally means no noise since you're putting it that way.

Just because there are clinically retarded people out there, it doesn't mean you're not slow.
You make more noise then that plane ever will.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:15 AM

4,692 posts, read 8,716,423 times
Quote:
You have no noise. . . . Your video proved it. . . .we heard you pas wind over the plane you were videoing.
you live too far from the affected areas to have an opinion worth considering.

Perhaps you could use your superior driving skills to take a ride and check it out for yourself?

Old 02-24-2012, 06:02 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,804,393 times
Quote:
heh yeah and when someone else posted this you said well you can't hear that from inside the house. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. You're a joke. Keep showing us why.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 PM

33,402 posts, read 46,846,764 times
What is the heaviest air traffic route in the eastern United States? - Yahoo! Answers

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
you live too far from the affected areas to have an opinion worth considering.

Perhaps you could use your superior driving skills to take a ride and check it out for yourself?

Hammer i grew up in HB, 3 generations live there, we were there before the AP, before idelwild before its new name jfk and less than 1400 ft from where the tires hit the runway, planes over the top of my house no more than 70'... all day, everyday to this very day, the planes are not even close to the noise they used to make and the best, it had not one negative effect on any of our lives. . .

I know far to well how far away you need to be to have a noise concern and you do not have one. . . .

Go get some paper towels and knock off your whining about the noise you have NO CLUE about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island