Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 02:28 PM

9 posts, read 32,813 times

Advertisements

Some of my relatives from Georgia are visiting for a few weeks and they bowl frequently. Last night we called around a few places to get prices and they said the rates were astronomical. They were talking about how where they're from they had 1 dollar bowling nights on fridays during 'cosmic bowling' hours and then on other days it would be 4.25 at the most. Does anyone here have any idea on where I can take them? Any place that has regular specials? I don't normally go bowling so I'm not really familiar. The bowling alley can be anywhere within a 10/15 mile radius of Wantagh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 02:41 PM

194 posts, read 444,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeouttaLI View Post
Some of my relatives from Georgia are visiting for a few weeks and they bowl frequently. Last night we called around a few places to get prices and they said the rates were astronomical. They were talking about how where they're from they had 1 dollar bowling nights on fridays during 'cosmic bowling' hours and then on other days it would be 4.25 at the most. Does anyone here have any idea on where I can take them? Any place that has regular specials? I don't normally go bowling so I'm not really familiar. The bowling alley can be anywhere within a 10/15 mile radius of Wantagh.
Farmingdale Lanes on Conklin off Rte 110 has a Sunday night special from 8PM to closing. $5.00 "cover" charge and then $1.00 per game. They have other specials during the week also.

Welcome to Farmingdale Lanes

Old 02-25-2012, 02:59 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,370,159 times
Bowling is pretty cheap compared to other activities... just saying.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,744,811 times
Paperman made a good recommendation on Farmingdale Lanes. Also Baldwin Bowl runs some good groupons every other week ($10 for $20 worth of bowling and drinks). Not sure if they are running it right now but check later. Can't beat that when they have it available. Check on the right side panel under "Now Deals" for Baldwin Bowl. Deals: Coupons on Things to Do in Long Island| Groupon Deals

Old 02-25-2012, 05:24 PM

Paperman and Pequaman thank you both. Those both helped and I will look for the Groupon deal! I love that site!

Jdawg I am aware that it is less expensive than some other forms of entertainment but it is still ridiculously expensive COMPARED to what they pay in a lot of other states. I am aware Long Island is expensive but that doesn't mean we can't look for deals.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:33 PM

22,181 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeouttaLI View Post
Paperman and Pequaman thank you both. Those both helped and I will look for the Groupon deal! I love that site!

Jdawg I am aware that it is less expensive than some other forms of entertainment but it is still ridiculously expensive COMPARED to what they pay in a lot of other states. I am aware Long Island is expensive but that doesn't mean we can't look for deals.
Its just as expensive elsewhere. My parents moved down to the Carolina's a couple years ago and its just as much down there.

Friday and Sat Nights are always going to be the most expensive. Sunday nights tend to be the cheapest, and usually you can get some good deals during the week, either early afternoon or after 9pm.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its just as expensive elsewhere. My parents moved down to the Carolina's a couple years ago and its just as much down there.

Friday and Sat Nights are always going to be the most expensive. Sunday nights tend to be the cheapest, and usually you can get some good deals during the week, either early afternoon or after 9pm.
Not really. In Georgia they paid 1 dollar on Fridays and Saturdays and when I was in Miami they had the same thing, 1 dollar bowling on Fridays and Saturdays. They even had ladies bowl free in Miami. I went to California a few months ago and they had decent deals on Fridays and Saturdays as well.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:02 AM

I just found a bowling alley in Deer Park that has 2 dollar games every day all day, so it IS possible to find cheap deals :P

Old 02-26-2012, 11:21 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,251 times
If you sign up at amf.com, you get all kinds of email offers. Lately we've been getting coupons for 2 hours of unlimited bowling, including shoe rental, for $10/person.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
If you sign up at amf.com, you get all kinds of email offers. Lately we've been getting coupons for 2 hours of unlimited bowling, including shoe rental, for $10/person.
Yes we've done that, but those coupons aren't worth it for any of us. When they go bowling they only play a game or two, same with me. Thanks for the suggestion though. I think we're gonna stick with Deer Park bowl for 2 dollar games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island