Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: personal attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
There is an old saying, "It's not that it's too expensive, it's that you can't afford it!"
I wonder if that's what you say to potential clients when they're looking to sell their homes. Maybe you could add that as a tag-line on your business cards.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-16-2007 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2007, 01:29 PM

672 posts, read 905,628 times
I would give my eye teeth to be back on LI. I didn't move to Florida by choice. I envy all of you there.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:27 PM

210 posts, read 671,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
"...I imagine living in a community that is friendly (because LI'rs are all so busy workign to pay the bills they don't have time to get to know the neighbors or smell the roses), with good schools and a cost of living that allows for me to save money for the future and for any woops that may occurr.

That being said.. I don't think you can't argue that life on LI is tough financially.
I agree and I am looking to move from Long Island too, my only issue was the constant negative dumping you've been doing. While I know you won't lie to a potential buyer, you might want to mellow a bit before showing your house!

Old 09-13-2007, 02:44 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,012,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by watamensch View Post
I agree and I am looking to move from Long Island too, my only issue was the constant negative dumping you've been doing. While I know you won't lie to a potential buyer, you might want to mellow a bit before showing your house!

Oh .. of course.. I'm just venting here so I don't vent verbally when I do go and sell my house.. but alas it will be a min of a year before Ill be able to even THINK about putting my house on the market.. but thank you.

Old 09-13-2007, 06:58 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,576,178 times
Default Funny situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
Oh .. of course.. I'm just venting here so I don't vent verbally when I do go and sell my house.. but alas it will be a min of a year before Ill be able to even THINK about putting my house on the market.. but thank you.
When we were selling our house on Long Island our official story was that it was due to a career move. However all of our neighbors were good friends who knew the truth and that we were moving to escape a worsening financial situation. Eventually the people who we sold to are going to find out the truth, that we considered the house to be a financial quagmire that was likely to worsen as it aged.

There's almost always a bit of deception in every successful sales story.

Old 09-14-2007, 08:39 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times
I'm leaving too. Crime,congestion,cost of living... all to much for me. I haven't read all of the responses but I notice most that have moved south aren't all that happy which is wny I'm goin' WEST. Wyoming,Nebraska,Colorado(NOT DENVER!!), Utah. All beautiful areas, low cost of living, open spaces and low crime. Lack of Liberals too!!! REAL AMERICA!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
I'm leaving too. Crime,congestion,cost of living... all to much for me. I haven't read all of the responses but I notice most that have moved south aren't all that happy which is wny I'm goin' WEST. Wyoming,Nebraska,Colorado(NOT DENVER!!), Utah. All beautiful areas, low cost of living, open spaces and low crime. Lack of Liberals too!!! REAL AMERICA!

Why did you rule out Denver.. my brothers live there and LOVE It.. people.. being in a city yet in the country and near mountains all at the same time. Very clean and affordable. Just curious why you so animately are against Denver.. I've never been there btw.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:45 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,903 times
Might be unfair but from what I've heard crime is high and the city it's self is dirty. Again, not ever having been there it may be unfair but I've heard this from more than one source.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Might be unfair but from what I've heard crime is high and the city it's self is dirty. Again, not ever having been there it may be unfair but I've heard this from more than one source.

I'll have to ask my brother. I"m sure there is a "bad" part of Denver.. her may be living in the good part..

Old 09-14-2007, 12:49 PM

1,359 posts, read 5,656,873 times
Quote:
IMHO, Denver is nothing special. Increasing numbers of Mexicans, too. I think I would rather Aspen, Boudler, CO Springs rather than Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island