Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:07 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Like you really have a choice?
Good one Short Pump : )
...and buying another house in Rocky Point.

C

Old 09-06-2007, 07:22 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,145,674 times
So you're going the millionaire route?

Old 09-06-2007, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
So you're going the millionaire route?
If I can get closer to the water....yes.
If not...well make do in our inline ranch.
If we can survive LI....we're pretty much living in our retirement.

C

Old 09-06-2007, 10:11 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
If I can get closer to the water....yes.
If not...well make do in our inline ranch.
If we can survive LI....we're pretty much living in our retirement.

C
Thought you were going to CT?

Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
Quote:
I think they miss us...

Maybe its been a while since theve had an intelligent conversation

Perhaps they're regretting their southward migration and looking for us to cosign it?

Youre thoughts?

C
Glad to have left, but, I like to look here to see if things are the way my friends & family on LI say they are!
Also I like to help out people asking about the island, teh way some NC natives help us on teh NC boards.

Old 09-06-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer View Post
Thought you were going to CT?
So did I....still may.
Man plans....God laughs

C

Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
think I might be stayin'....

i knew it. i knew it !
The more I listen to Tarheels the more I realize that leaving is a one way ticket.

Apparently those who go find nothing but bigger plot to mow and a McMansion full o' FUD*.

Whats weird it that they come back to our boards to troll....looking for some sort of validation.
You can hear the regret and sadness in their posts....I feel their pain.
Indirectly they have all but cemented my decision to stay (...and yes we actually do have a choice).

Once an Islander....always an Islander.

Strong Island Baby!!!!!!!!!

Only the strong survive.

C

*Fear,Uncertainty and Doubt

Last edited by clamboy; 09-06-2007 at 09:01 PM..

Old 09-06-2007, 09:42 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
The more I listen to Tarheels the more I realize that leaving is a one way ticket.

Apparently those who go find nothing but bigger plot to mow and a McMansion full o' FUD*.

Whats weird it that they come back to our boards to troll....looking for some sort of validation.
You can hear the regret and sadness in their posts....I feel their pain.
Indirectly they have all but cemented my decision to stay (...and yes we actually do have a choice).

Once an Islander....always an Islander.

Strong Island Baby!!!!!!!!!

Only the strong survive.

C

*Fear,Uncertainty and Doubt
Why would it be a one way ticket? If the strong survive, wouldn't that mean that they could survive some where else? Couldn't they make the same money or more somewhere else? If so, would that mean that the strong and smart move on?

It's a shame you're letting people you don't even know affect your decison so strongly. If you entertained the idea so seriously that you had your house up for sale, you know in your heart that prbably really wanted to leave. That's probably what you really want to do.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Why would it be a one way ticket? If the strong survive, wouldn't that mean that they could survive some where else? Couldn't they make the same money or more somewhere else? If so, would that mean that the strong and smart move on?

It's a shame you're letting people you don't even know affect your decison so strongly. If you entertained the idea so seriously that you had your house up for sale, you know in your heart that prbably really wanted to leave. That's probably what you really want to do.
House will remain for sale.

Maybe youre right.

I love Rocky Point.

C

Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallgirl View Post
I think I have the answer ! It that is because once you are a New Yorker you will always be a New Yorker no matter where you live. Your roots are there and you want to know what is happening there. Also, you want to chat with people who think like you do. Make sense?

Born in Flushing, lived in Baldwin, Freeport, Hauppauge and currently in Port Orange, Fl - and leaving as soon as I can !

Fallgirl
Couldnt have said it better.

C
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island