Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 PM

156 posts, read 302,428 times

Advertisements

I just tired Mama's in Oakdale NY, on Montauk Highway. The best Gluten Free pizza I have ever had (and I have tried a lot!). Also, best Italian dinner as well. The owner is extremely nice and caring and will do whatever to please you and assist with any food allergies. I am allergic to soy, some dairy, and gluten and I was able to have a wonderful meal AND dessert! Try it out and spread the word! : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 05:24 PM

573 posts, read 1,236,997 times
I have two good friends who are allergic to gluten. I asked one if he has tried this place, he hasn't yet. I know he's on a constant search for good pizza and pasta. Have you tried Saporito in Wantagh? There's also a place in Huntington they both love, do you know the place I mean?

My one friend has started a gluten free dessert company, I've dm'ed you a link to some info about them.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:33 PM

3,428 posts, read 5,647,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp3530 View Post
I just tired Mama's in Oakdale NY, on Montauk Highway. The best Gluten Free pizza I have ever had (and I have tried a lot!). Also, best Italian dinner as well. The owner is extremely nice and caring and will do whatever to please you and assist with any food allergies. I am allergic to soy, some dairy, and gluten and I was able to have a wonderful meal AND dessert! Try it out and spread the word! : )
Which Mama's in Oakdale? There are 2. Owned by 2 different people.

One is a restaurant that owns 2 other Mama's, one in Holbrook and one in Centereach.

The other is "The Original Mamas".

Old 02-15-2012, 06:43 PM

939 posts, read 2,672,021 times
This "Gluten Free" fad will soon be history

Old 02-16-2012, 07:17 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,979,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
This "Gluten Free" fad will soon be history
Do you think it's some form of trending weight loss diet? It's not a fad dude. My wife is sensitive to gluten. She's had the allergy tests to have this diagnosed. It seriously messes up her stomach if she eats it.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 AM

We went and tried Mama's a few months ago. Their meals were alright. Haven't tried their pizza, but we will give it a try in the future. GF bread sticks were great.

Have you tried the gluten-free pies from Gino's in Patchogue? Best GF pie we've had so far on LI.

1st Gino's Patchogue (delicious)
2nd Del Fiore Patchogue (great)
3rd Gino's Babylon Village (not great, won't order again)
4th Some pizza place we tried in Medford (Gross)

Old 02-16-2012, 07:35 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,721,434 times
Pizza Bistro in Massapequa Park has a big banner with "Voted Best Gluten Free Restaurant on Long Island by CBS". I can attest that they have pretty good pizza and some good entrees. I checked it out online and looks to be accurate The 5 Best Gluten-Free Restaurants On Long Island « CBS New York
Also check out La Bottega. Love that place and they have a gluten free menu.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Pizza Bistro in Massapequa Park has a big banner with "Voted Best Gluten Free Restaurant on Long Island by CBS". I can attest that they have pretty good pizza and some good entrees. I checked it out online and looks to be accurate The 5 Best Gluten-Free Restaurants On Long Island « CBS New York
Also check out La Bottega. Love that place and they have a gluten free menu.
Great list. I'll be sure to check them out.

Also, any particular La Bottega? There seems to be a few...
Locate The Nearest La Bottega - Italian Restaurant / Locations - Gourmet Italian Food

Old 02-16-2012, 10:23 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,721,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
Great list. I'll be sure to check them out.

Also, any particular La Bottega? There seems to be a few...
Locate The Nearest La Bottega - Italian Restaurant / Locations - Gourmet Italian Food
I usually go to the Mass Park location. Garden City South is the original location. I have not seen much of a difference between the two.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:26 AM

4,690 posts, read 8,713,924 times
Gluten free? If you want gluten pal you're gonna have to pay for it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island