Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 07:19 AM

37 posts, read 59,801 times

Advertisements

I am for putting ALL 48 police officers on the streets. Every call be it a barking dog that a neighbor does not quiet, to a dispute with a neighbor over property lines when a fence is placed up to credit information being stolen you are told to call 911. 911 ????

Here is a story of uniformed police sitting at a desk. My wife had credit card information stolen online. Her credit card company told her to report the crime to the police. This was two months after the information was stolen. We VISITED our local precinct. The desk officer told us to go home and call 911. 911 ???? We got home and we called. A half hour later a police officer arrived in uniform in a patrol car. I inquired where she came from she stated from a precinct. She was not on patrol. I inquired more -- she worked at a desk. She was not the brightest and she had a question with regard to filling out the report. She had to call her supervisor. Well guess what -- he now had to come to our house. While we waited and waited I took the time to inquire. The sergeant that is on his way WORKED at a DESK too !!! So here I am later standing in my kitchen with TWO police officers in full BLUE UNIFORMS and they worked at DESKS. The crime took place online two months ago, probably by someone sitting in Russia at a computer.

What a waste of taxpayer's money. Think of the costs ???? Pensions, healthcare, etc. Think of what they could have been doing as trained police if they were on the streets.

Could we not have a civil employee in a suit show up such as a paralegal and police assistant to take the information ? Would have it not been more cost effective if we were told to go to a precinct to have the report filled out ????????

Further, why do we not allow citizens to more easily arm themselves ? I agree with eagle75. Citizens have been brainwashed that the police prevent crimes. It is more likely that they investigate after the crime is committed.

"When seconds count, the police are minutes away." WAKE UP !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 07:35 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green2102 View Post
I am for putting ALL 48 police officers on the streets. Every call be it a barking dog that a neighbor does not quiet, to a dispute with a neighbor over property lines when a fence is placed up to credit information being stolen you are told to call 911. 911 ????

Here is a story of uniformed police sitting at a desk. My wife had credit card information stolen online. Her credit card company told her to report the crime to the police. This was two months after the information was stolen. We VISITED our local precinct. The desk officer told us to go home and call 911. 911 ???? We got home and we called. A half hour later a police officer arrived in uniform in a patrol car. I inquired where she came from she stated from a precinct. She was not on patrol. I inquired more -- she worked at a desk. She was not the brightest and she had a question with regard to filling out the report. She had to call her supervisor. Well guess what -- he now had to come to our house. While we waited and waited I took the time to inquire. The sergeant that is on his way WORKED at a DESK too !!! So here I am later standing in my kitchen with TWO police officers in full BLUE UNIFORMS and they worked at DESKS. The crime took place online two months ago, probably by someone sitting in Russia at a computer.

What a waste of taxpayer's money. Think of the costs ???? Pensions, healthcare, etc. Think of what they could have been doing as trained police if they were on the streets.

Could we not have a civil employee in a suit show up such as a paralegal and police assistant to take the information ? Would have it not been more cost effective if we were told to go to a precinct to have the report filled out ????????

Further, why do we not allow citizens to more easily arm themselves ? I agree with eagle75. Citizens have been brainwashed that the police prevent crimes. It is more likely that they investigate after the crime is committed.

"When seconds count, the police are minutes away." WAKE UP !
Number 1.. Credit card fraud on-line is going to be investigated by the credit card company. They want you to contact your local police as a "deterrent" to weed out the scammers.

Number 2.. You think by "arming" yourself it will reduce crime? really Where I live, it's so easy to get a firearm, everyone has one. Just look up the crime rate in Richmond, VA. and you'll see how much of a deterrent that firearm is.

Keep law enforcement to the professionals, that's their job and that's what they're trained to do. Untrained civilians with a firearm is a recipe for disaster...trust me.

What your saying is give me a scalpel and let me do surgeries, lol

Old 02-17-2012, 07:42 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,056 times
Quote:
I am for putting ALL 48 police officers on the streets.
That's more smoke and mirrors by Mangano. Those 48 officers will be used to staff the so called POLICE CENTERS. They will not be on the street along with the eliminated Heroin Task Force, Eliminated Motor Carrier Units , and ALL Gang Patrols.

Also those 177 police cars are not staffed 24/7. 161 are mandated to be filled per day...not 177. 161 cops for 2.9 million residents.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:47 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
[quote=haywood16;23022829]That's more smoke and mirrors by Mangano. Those 48 officers will be used to staff the so called POLICE CENTERS. They will not be on the street along with the eliminated Heroin Task Force, Eliminated Motor Carrier Units , and ALL Gang Patrols.

Also those 177 police cars are not staffed 24/7. 161 are mandated to be filled per day...not 177. 161 cops for 2.9 million residents.[/quote]

That's what happens when you pay beat cops 150K a year with free pension and medical for life.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:52 AM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,056 times
[quote=dman72;23022881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
That's more smoke and mirrors by Mangano. Those 48 officers will be used to staff the so called POLICE CENTERS. They will not be on the street along with the eliminated Heroin Task Force, Eliminated Motor Carrier Units , and ALL Gang Patrols.

Also those 177 police cars are not staffed 24/7. 161 are mandated to be filled per day...not 177. 161 cops for 2.9 million residents.[/quote]

That's what happens when you pay beat cops 150K a year with free pension and medical for life.
Take the exam coward. 212-Recruit.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:56 AM

BigMike50, are you or were you in law enforcement ?

Thank you I am aware of no. 1 that is why we took the steps to contact the police. But why two police officers in full uniform in my kitchen or at a desks and not on patrol

I still say: So when seconds count when someone is coming at me with a gun of any type I am supposed to stand there with my cheap Walmart broom and beat them off while waiting minutes for a professional to arrive ?

Why is it only law enforcement's right to protect me with a gun ? Why as a upstanding law abiding citizen can I not protect myself with my weapon of choice ? This seems to be more about control and providing a purpose for the professionals then about me protecting myself and my family.

Further, one will never know how many crimes have been pervented because the would be criminal has knowledge that someone is armed.

Can you provide me a link to the statistic of Richmond, VA ?

Old 02-17-2012, 07:57 AM

Quote:
"A comparison of year-to-date crime statistics from the week ending Jan. 31, 2011 and the week ending Jan. 30, 2012 shows that all major crime reports in the county are up approximately 27 percent.

Total burglaries are up approximately 71 percent.

Residential burglaries rose by approximately 118 percent."

Mangano letting Nassau become Queens East...and the criminals know about elimination of police precincts and ALL special patrols in Nassau County!

The Ed Mangano Way.....
The original poster "Haywood" is clearly a union member. Just read his previous posts. Further, he seems to know a lot about the police and lives in Nassau and in the Town of Hempstead.

A hit and run post to cause a discussion of fear mongering.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:03 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
The original poster "Haywood" is clearly a union member. Just read his previous posts. Further, he seems to know a lot about the police and lives in Nassau and in the Town of Hempstead.

A hit and run post to cause a discussion of fear mongering.
The resident PBA supporters are easily spotted.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:14 AM

BigMike50 is a retired NYPD who worked out of Brooklyn. He is around 38 years old and is retired in VA.

"Ha Ha first off I moved to VA. Second it was not luck but something I was planning for many years. I'm a retired police Lieutenant with a very, very good pension. I did 17 years and retired with 3/4's tax free pension because of a medical disability. As far as what I do all day that's my business but I'll tell you one thing I invested my money very well I own three race horses, two thoroughbreds that are stabled at Aqueduct and one pacer that runs at Yonkers/Meadowlands. All three made a profit in 2008 which is unheard of in the racing industry. I also do a lot of day trading and volunteer a lot of time at my children schools. I'm also restoring my 69 Camaro and run a block watch association and also once a week I (volunteer) drive a bus full of seniors from their home to a mall so they could do some shopping. If this sounds like a quiet old fashioned housewife so be it but in a few months I would like you to see this housewife in his mint 450hp 69 Camaro"

Nice.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:17 AM

939 posts, read 1,844,760 times
[quote=dman72;23022881]
Quote:

Really funny how you continue to take pot shots at the cops -- while fervently defending teachers (particularly, your wife) on the other thread. Seems that your idea of who's raping the taxpayers all depends on how close it hits to home.

Your credibility on this issue is zero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island