Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:32 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,976,265 times

Advertisements

Ugh...grammar matters. All caps = hysteria. Not that it was all wrong. Just poorly presented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,106,938 times
Maybe he's hard of hearing and can't hear how loud he's typing.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM

629 posts, read 1,695,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFG View Post
PLEASE WAKE UP LONG ISLANDS WE ARE BEING HURT BY THE MONEY OF LONG ISLAND AND CONN. WE ARE GOING TO DIE......OUR ELECTED OFFICALS DON'T CARE, THEIR OFFICES NICE NICE YOU OR HANG UP ON YOU...YOU CAN'T GET EDUCATED JOBS BECAUSE NO INDUSTRY WANTS TO COME TO LI.THEY CAN'T GET OFF THE ISLAND.....WAKE UP AND HELP ME WITH THE FIGHT....WITH SANDY HAD IT MOVED SLIGHTLY WE WOULD NOT BE READING THIS WE WOULD HAVE WATCH OUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN DIE...FLOAT AWAY INTO THE SOUND OR OCEAN... SOME PEOPLE THIS HAPPEN TO IN LONG BEACH AS I'M TOLD..

ROUTE 135, AND WILLIAM FLOYD PARKWAYS WERE BUILT FOR BRIDGES TO CONN., BUT THE RICH IN THE AREAS STOPPED EVERYTHING... THIS IS OVER 35 YO, AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT LI, WE ONLY PAY FOR THE REST OF NYS. WE PAY $10,000 UP AND MORE FOR HOME TAXES AND CAN'T GET JOBS BECAUSE NO BUSINESSES WANT TO COME TO LI. THEY DON'T WANT TO GO THOUGH NYC AND PAY TOLLS THAT SUPPORT ONLY NYC.
OUR CHILDREN ARE LEAVING THE ISLAND, HOMES ARE WORTH NOTHING...BUT HOME TAXES DON'T GO DOWN.
THE NEXT SANDY AND WE WILL ALL BE DEAD, WE HAVE NO WAY TO GET OFF THIS ISLAND AT ALL.
IF SANDY HAD MOVE ANOTHER FEW MILES ALL OF SUFFOLK COUNTY WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER WATER AND NO WERE TO GET AWAY....WE WOULD HAVE ALL DIED A HORRIBLE DEATH...YOU WOULD HAVE WATCHED YOUR CHILDREN AND GRANDCHILDREN DIE IN THE STORM CURRENTS OUT TO THE LI SOUND AND THE OCEAN. carolfitz1@aol.com let's start fighting to save lives....this is SHOREHAM FIGHT INTHE PAST.....WE CAN'T GET OFF THIS ISLAND, WE ARE GOING TO DIE.......
THIS STORM PROVED THIS.....THE NYC MEDIA DIDN'T EVEN TELL US IN SUFFOLK OR MOST OF NASSAU WHAT WAS HAPPENING... NYC COULD CARELESS ABOUT LONG ISLAND WE ONLY PAY THERE BILLS....WAKE UP HIGHWAY BUILT IN THE 1970'S AND IT'S NOW 2012 AND WE CAN'T GET OFF THIS ISLAND AND SAVE OURSELVES......
I think the storm has interrupted the supply of your meds - DM me and I'll personally help you find a pharmacy to fill your prescriptions!

Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM

19,011 posts, read 16,833,648 times
They can't decide how/when to replace the Tappan Zee bridge on the Thruway and that is a critical link in the nations road system. What makes you think a cross sound bridge will ever materialize? For what purpose would it serve other than to provide another exit off the island....

Old 11-15-2012, 05:39 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,106,938 times
And CAFG, welcome to the Long Island forum.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:05 PM

232 posts, read 494,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
They can't decide how/when to replace the Tappan Zee bridge on the Thruway and that is a critical link in the nations road system. What makes you think a cross sound bridge will ever materialize? For what purpose would it serve other than to provide another exit off the island....
Well you kinda just hit the nail on the head unintentionally. The whole reason it should be built is to provide another exit off the island.

Old 04-19-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frischee112 View Post
Well you kinda just hit the nail on the head unintentionally. The whole reason it should be built is to provide another exit off the island.
But the island is not critical and there are multiple bridge links at the western end. Commuter convenience to Westchester & Conneticut is not justification to invest millions in a cross sound link. Besides could you image the toll cost...

Old 04-19-2013, 06:59 PM

1,762 posts, read 3,210,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
But the island is not critical and there are multiple bridge links at the western end. Commuter convenience to Westchester & Conneticut is not justification to invest millions in a cross sound link. Besides could you image the toll cost...
not many people living in Connecticut want it either . How would it benefit them ? Only thing I can think of is ocean beach access for them in the summer.
It's not like we have any great business centers for them to commute to .. (like Stamford).

Old 04-19-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
not many people living in Connecticut want it either . How would it benefit them ? Only thing I can think of is ocean beach access for them in the summer.
It's not like we have any great business centers for them to commute to .. (like Stamford).
I really don't think they are clammoring to go to the south shore beaches..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island