Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 05:03 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortom1981 View Post
well its cheaper to live in queens then it is to live on long island. also if the condo complex is done right more expty space will be on the property then if houses were built.

McMansions are also an eyesore. At least with condo complexes there is wooded property that has to be there.
Its still residential i know its hard but im sure Long island could for once either leave the dump their or come up with a new idea for once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
WOW!! How did the people ever let that happen out there? I was driving on Sunrise on Saturday and it effin reaked!!

I really feel for anyone that's within smelling distance of that hell hole. How could you sit in your back yard?

It was there choice in the words of my uncle I don"t wana hear it.
i should run for suffolk executive i would have you all whipped into shape in 6 months.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:37 PM

96 posts, read 187,064 times
Good ol' Mount Henrietta. Filled with Southampton Towns garbage (for a fee)

Can be seen from out at sea and on Fire Island.

How about a golf course like the one in Bayonne?

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bayonn...h&z=16&iwloc=A

Old 03-05-2012, 07:44 AM

456 posts, read 1,428,701 times
McMansions an eyesore? Really? All the McMansions I see have well maintained and groomed properties, typically with families living in them. I guess the 'I prefer to live next to a shack' crowd just can't deal. My house probably qualifies as a McMansion after I renovated the whole thing, I'm always told I have the nicest house on the block. Is that a bad thing?

Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,941 times
ATV park. . . .

Old 03-05-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak0lantern01 View Post
McMansions an eyesore? Really? All the McMansions I see have well maintained and groomed properties, typically with families living in them. I guess the 'I prefer to live next to a shack' crowd just can't deal. My house probably qualifies as a McMansion after I renovated the whole thing, I'm always told I have the nicest house on the block. Is that a bad thing?

How many McMansions do you people want yes they are an eyesore because theirs too Moderator cut: snip many of them we have enough condos!!!!
im with lima for the atv park but i rather see the dump left alone.

Last edited by Kimballette; 03-05-2012 at 10:06 AM.. Reason: language

Old 03-05-2012, 12:41 PM

1,441 posts, read 2,753,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by literide View Post
Good ol' Mount Henrietta. Filled with Southampton Towns garbage (for a fee)

Can be seen from out at sea and on Fire Island.

How about a golf course like the one in Bayonne?

Google Maps
Funny - I always tell people it's the mountains of Brookhaven
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island