Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 AM

909 posts, read 1,837,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyLI View Post
from the FAA website:

"It is FAA policy to investigate citizen complaints of low-flying aircraft operated in violation of the FAR [Federal Aviation Regulations, specifically Title ·14, ·Code of Federal Regulations, Section 91.119 of the General Operating and Flight Rules which specifically prohibits low-flying aircraft], and that might endanger persons or property."

clause b states:
"(b) ·Over congested areas. ·Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2.000 feet of the aircraft."
Sounds like they are complying with these "rules". Guess the people have no reason to complain. Am I wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2012, 07:58 AM

999 posts, read 2,357,731 times
They are complying, there is one rule they are breaking though and even if and when they find that it still won't change anything

Old 03-06-2012, 08:24 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,996,280 times
Quote:
from the FAA website:

"It is FAA policy to investigate citizen complaints of low-flying aircraft operated in violation of the FAR [Federal Aviation Regulations, specifically Title ·14, ·Code of Federal Regulations, Section 91.119 of the General Operating and Flight Rules which specifically prohibits low-flying aircraft], and that might endanger persons or property."

clause b states:
"(b) ·Over congested areas. ·Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal radius of 2.000 feet of the aircraft."
Its not their fault that LI is congested and if they investigated every complaint filed by you nimbys they be here all the time like i said they got better things to do get over it.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:01 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,280,290 times
Quote:

Ok, so to translate that into English, "we'll look into it if people whine." Not sure how this equates to them violating... well, anything.

Quote:
clause b states:
"(b) ·Over congested areas. ·Over any congested area of a city, town, or settlement, or over any open air assembly of persons, an altitude of 1,000 feet above the highest obstacle within a horizontal ra
dius of 2.000 feet of the aircraft."
Right, so where's the proof that these planes are less than 1000 feet over these peoples' homes? A plane at around 1000ft will look and sound very low, that doesn't mean they're violating anything.

As with the other "plane noise" threads, I'm seeing an awful lot of whining with no substance to back it up.

Old 07-09-2014, 06:55 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
this is all because NextGen was implemented without the publics knowledge. It allows planes to fly closer together and lower.

My neighborhood never had air traffic at all, now since 2012 we heave planes landing at LGA every 30 seconds all day long, depending on which runway they use. I live in Bath beach, whic is near the Verazzano bridge, yet LGA is clear across the land, yet I have to hear planes fly all day long, where they never flew before.

It is one thing to live near an airport than complain, but in my case the FAA re designed the airspace. I did not choose to nor do live near an airport....what the FAA has done is simply criminal.

It is one thing to hear a plane fly by, big deal, but its the 1100 that oloow it all day long non stop till midnight, then start again at 6am.

LaGuardia Airport - AirportMonitor - by Megadata - powered by PASSUR

this shows you the routes of the day.

what is unfair is the planes landing at JFK, they fly from the water, completely over LI only to land at JFK, but the airport was built on the water for a reason, not to come off the water, circle the land then land. not fiar....the planes should land right from the water, like they always did.

NextGen sucks

Old 05-19-2015, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 866 times
Talking hey dim wit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Nimby Law lol.
i hope some blue ice falls on your head!

Old 05-19-2015, 08:06 PM
s13

Bumping a year-old thread to share that idiocy? Looks like some blue ice already fell on yours.

Old 02-02-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
Bumping a year-old thread to share that idiocy? Looks like some blue ice already fell on yours.
just exactly why are you here on all threads pertaining to aircraft noise???/

that makes me wonder

Old 02-02-2016, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
I may have asked this in one of the 37 other threads started on this subject, but can anyone cite the exact law(s) being "broken" by the FAA and demonstrate how they are breaking said law(s)? Note that "I demand quiet over MAH HOUSE" is neither a law nor a guarantee when you live minutes from New York City

whats wrong with you.

people have only been complaining since june of 2012 when the FAA CHANGED the flightpaths over peoples homes that never had it before.
before that we all live fine.

I hope one day, they deceide to install a sewerage plant right next door to your home, I wonder how you would like it?

buying a home and doinf due diliginece than to have the FAA reroute airplanes over your home is criminal.
what gives then the right to do this.

its one thing whe someone buys a home next to an airport, its another thng when the airport is 10 miles away.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:44 PM
s13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
just exactly why are you here on all threads pertaining to aircraft noise???/
A better question would be, why is there more than one thread about this pointless subject???/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island