Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 04:38 PM

119 posts, read 256,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperman1111 View Post
There is a world of difference between an editorial which you mentioned in the original post I quoted and a headline which you are now correctly stating sells newspapers.
Sensational headlines along with their stories sell.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:49 PM

194 posts, read 443,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.N.Y. View Post
Sensational headlines along with their stories sell.
An editorial, a headline, and a news story are three different things. Editorials, as stated in the original post of yours that I quoted, do not sell newspapers. As you have subsequently stated, headlines and news stories do.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 PM

172 posts, read 447,333 times
Funny how in "good times" nobody cared about lowly cops, fireman and teachers! Wah wah wah, it's all the civil servants fault now!

Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 PM

239 posts, read 508,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
You would be concluding wrong. I make as much as cops with at least 10 years on the job do in Nassau. However, they still got me beat because my 6 year education was at two expensive and top tier private schools (bachelors and masters) and they just had to go to 13th and 14th grade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdcnret View Post
Oh, the drama. Bold lettering for emphasis, capital letters for effect. Paragraphs of rant straight from the pages of Newsday.

Funny, but for someone who makes as much money as a 10 year cop, you seem to have an awful lot of time on your hands to post in these threads ... day after day after day, hour after hour after hour. And all of your posts saying the same thing. Tell me how I can get a job like yours.
Couldn't have said it better! You think for a top tier college graduate you'd have an extremely challenging, time-consuming, and progressive job. But then again, the they said that being a retail worker on Long Island is as dangerous as a cop, meaning they probably think that most of Long Island has the same crime problems as inner-city Detroit . I'm starting to sense troll.

Never once have I heard my friends or family on Long Island complain about cops and teachers salaries (and not one of them are any kind of civil service worker here). Probably because they have better things to do like going out and enjoying life and caring about bigger issues going on in the world instead of constantly complaining on CD boards.

Last edited by JCNNY; 03-16-2012 at 06:37 PM..

Old 03-16-2012, 06:49 PM

8,807 posts, read 21,238,611 times
Thread closed for mod review. I really did try to keep this open, but very few people cooperated.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island