Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 07:53 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,995,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
Yea i do i just find it funny that people think sonic is like a mini disney world to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 07:55 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,557,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
I could care less about Sonic specifically but true to form, Town of Hempstead shot down their variance applications and the plan is dead. Once again, the business development wizards at TOH find a way to keep another business shuttered (along with the already and STILL empty Pearl Paint and Ritas). Oh well, the world needs cracked parking lots and .99 cent stores too. Kate and Co. strike (out) again.
You mean couldn't care less.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:38 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,996,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
Depraved?!? Inconceivable! I don't think waiting to eat at Outback makes you a bad person...was that a typo?

The Outback in Westbury seems to be crowded a lot too. I get the cheese fries at the curbside pickup occasionally, they're like the worst thing you can order at a chain restaurant.

Where was the Sonic going to be? I hate driving on the stretch of Hempstead Turnpike from the Coliseum to the Wantagh Parkway.
Right smack in the middle of that stretch...across from Zorns in the Modells/Pearl Paint shopping center. It was going to take over the boarded up Ritas drive through. It would be a traffic hassle at first I'm sure, but then it's a commercial zone, shouldn't there be traffic? Seems all the hoopla and hysteria at the Deer park Sonic has gone away and it's just another fast food place now.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:58 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,130 times
Quote:
Right smack in the middle of that stretch...across from Zorns in the Modells/Pearl Paint shopping center. It was going to take over the boarded up Ritas drive through. It would be a traffic hassle at first I'm sure, but then it's a commercial zone, shouldn't there be traffic? Seems all the hoopla and hysteria at the Deer park Sonic has gone away and it's just another fast food place now.
I see your point but do we really need another fast food joint on Hempstead tpke? Never saw what the big deal about sonic was they were everywhere when I lived in Florida and I never cared for it.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 AM

909 posts, read 1,836,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
Depraved?!? Inconceivable! I don't think waiting to eat at Outback makes you a bad person...was that a typo?
Not hard to realize I meant deprived. Just like waiting for Red Lobster or the Olive Garden. Isn't Checkers the same as Sonic anyway? There are a few of those already close by.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:20 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,793,722 times
Why would anyone talk up Sonic when you have an institution like this place:
Ice Cream Soda Fountain and Great Burgers – Hildebrandt’s Williston Park NY | Retro Roadmap

That can blow the doors off of any fast fake food. This is the genuine article, and you won't have to wait.

I have no association with this place, but have had the good fortune of eating there when I visited. Places like this get no love these days, unfortunately.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,996,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I see your point but do we really need another fast food joint on Hempstead tpke? Never saw what the big deal about sonic was they were everywhere when I lived in Florida and I never cared for it.
Do I want Sonic, not really but I want it a heck of alot more than the boarded up commercial spaces that are there now. Boarded up for 2-3 years at least. Contributing nothing to the economy and bringing down property values. A Sonic at least uses feeder businesses (food, supplies, utilities, skilled trades) and contributes to the tax base. It's a commercial thoroughfare. Isn't that where fast food establishments should be? It's not about Sonic. It's about Nimby bozos worried that someone wanting to eat a hamburger at midnight may lead to drunken crime sprees and the pillaging of East Meadow.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:48 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,130 times
Quote:
Do I want Sonic, not really but I want it a heck of alot more than the boarded up commercial spaces that are there now. Boarded up for 2-3 years at least. Contributing nothing to the economy and bringing down property values. A Sonic at least uses feeder businesses (food, supplies, utilities, skilled trades) and contributes to the tax base. It's a commercial thoroughfare. Isn't that where fast food establishments should be? It's not about Sonic. It's about Nimby bozos worried that someone wanting to eat a hamburger at midnight may lead to drunken crime sprees and the pillaging of East Meadow.
Point well taken mongoose. Looking at it that way I agree. I just wish it were something other than fast food.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:05 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,083,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Why would anyone talk up Sonic when you have an institution like this place:
Ice Cream Soda Fountain and Great Burgers – Hildebrandt’s Williston Park NY | Retro Roadmap

That can blow the doors off of any fast fake food. This is the genuine article, and you won't have to wait.

I have no association with this place, but have had the good fortune of eating there when I visited. Places like this get no love these days, unfortunately.
Perhaps there are people that just want to pull in, order and leave. Many time I don't want the hassle to park and go in just to get food to go. I really don't think that Sonic is going to cause the fall of civilization as we know it....

Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,244,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoracer9 View Post
Yea i do i just find it funny that people think sonic is like a mini disney world to them.
I find your posts a mini Disney World to me. Thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island