Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:28 PM

90 posts, read 218,211 times

Advertisements

just upgraded to dvr plus, what a joke it takes anywhere from 3min - 20 min to download recored TV. when you call to complain they actually tell you that they're aware of this & problem is being rectified meanwhile the dvr's are useless. tomorrow i'll be calling them to shove their DVR's where the sun dont shine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 08:13 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,121 times
Have appt. set for Verizon FIOS installation. Long wait, guess they are busy LOL. When they come I will just take equipment in person to CV office in Freeport. Not calling at all to cancel as I am not in the mood for same continuing conversations as had in the past with them. If they will not fix problems I refuse to continue to pay for crappy service. Even if they lowered price still not taking it. Last time my promo ended I got no notice about price increase got a bill for $80 more than was paying..called them and they flat out refused to issure credit after agreeing to another "promo" . Does not matter as the 1 month they charged $80 more..that made up for the loss they had by lowering for the next year!!

As you can see after 3 years of spotty service and many opportunties to make it right i think I gave them too much time already. Used to be pro CV now no longer will be ever!

Old 04-28-2012, 04:33 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,806,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
Have appt. set for Verizon FIOS installation. Long wait, guess they are busy LOL. When they come I will just take equipment in person to CV office in Freeport. Not calling at all to cancel as I am not in the mood for same continuing conversations as had in the past with them. If they will not fix problems I refuse to continue to pay for crappy service. Even if they lowered price still not taking it. Last time my promo ended I got no notice about price increase got a bill for $80 more than was paying..called them and they flat out refused to issure credit after agreeing to another "promo" . Does not matter as the 1 month they charged $80 more..that made up for the loss they had by lowering for the next year!!

As you can see after 3 years of spotty service and many opportunties to make it right i think I gave them too much time already. Used to be pro CV now no longer will be ever!

hate to tell you but verizon isnt any better. do you think they will send you a reminder before your deal is up?

Old 04-28-2012, 04:35 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,806,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Oh really? Sorry man, I didn't realize we had a celebrity on this board.

a celebrity to a certain extent but not because of my early days of the internet.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:26 PM

157 posts, read 379,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post
hate to tell you but verizon isnt any better. do you think they will send you a reminder before your deal is up?
I received a written notice from Verizon a couple of weeks before my deal was up. I entered a new agreement and saved another $10/month without omitting anything.

Matt

Old 04-28-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz Crazy View Post

To each their own. After speaking to many people and friends and family that have had CV and Verizon FIOS we made a well informed decision. Having been with CV for many years we decided it is time for a change, especially being that we are extremely unsatisfied with all aspects of their service. The quality of their entire organization vs. $ we pay we feel is no longer worth it.

Remember we always have the option to go back to CV if not happy like everyone else. If CV was nicer and more reasonable after all the crap they pulled with us in the past ( we did put up with it now for 3= yrs. this time around) several years we might stay. They refuse to give me a better package and more for my $.

Believe me I am well aware that when I leave they will hound me. I told them once I leave it will be too late for them. They will offer the world if you leave, they just hope you will not go through that trouble. That is why we waited and gave them a chance.

We have Verizon for cell and know all to well about them. Cable is a whole different division and we have family that work for Verizon for years and know that different divsions of a company are vastly different. all the people that we know that we asked 50+ all say they would never switch back.

Now that is enough for me! My moto from now on ..
I HATE CV!!

Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsuggestion View Post
I received a written notice from Verizon a couple of weeks before my deal was up. I entered a new agreement and saved another $10/month without omitting anything.

Matt

I have been told same thing by people. CV never send me notice just hugely inflates price as soon as promo expires.

Keep in mind I do call CV and ask when will "promo" end, so I know I can call few days or weeks before to work out another deal. They tell me each time call back closer to that day. We do!! It alsway ended up being Ok for something..

BUT!! And this is a big BUT!!

It always (3x now) ended up being inflated for at least one month after ths promo ended and the new one takes effect.

Last time it was $80 more for the 1 month at end of last promo. Then following month new promo starts. They have refused to credit the difference all times. I called and told them them screwed me on that enough no more chances. I will no longer deal with their business tactics.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:32 PM

Update!

CV coing to repair same old problem yet again! Only reason I called for this repair is FIOS appt. is a bit of a wait. In the meantime we would like DVR service to operate the way it is suppose to. Guess at this point that is not possible and they will have to come every day.

Can not wait for these headaches to end once we get FIOS. Hope i am as lucky as all the other users. No more headaches from CV YIPEE!

Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmosandmind View Post
I think they both s*ck. Tons of channels with nothing on except reality shows. And commercial after commercial; so much for cable being commercial free.
I ditched cable about 3 months ago. Went and bought a ten dollar antenna and get 9 crystal clear channels.

Three are commercial free.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:51 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,875,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
I ditched cable about 3 months ago. Went and bought a ten dollar antenna and get 9 crystal clear channels.

Three are commercial free.
I tried one of those $10 antennas and I wasn't able to pick up any signal. I'm middle of long island, 2nd floor tv and don't have any obstructions to the skies and am pretty technically inclined too. Set the tv source to the same as if I had a coax connection correct? What's your secret?

Last edited by ovi8; 05-01-2012 at 06:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island