U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2012, 09:44 PM

37 posts, read 108,492 times

Advertisements

Hi,

Finally after a long search I have found something in manhasset that might work for us. The house I found is around a mile from the LIRR train station hence is not practice to walk on a daily basis.

Can someone tell me what the parking situation is at the station for Manhasset residents. At what time does the lot gets full. The realtor was saying that every house gets 2 parking stickers .... Is that true.

I usually leave late around 8:15-8:30 AM hence was wondering if parking spots are still available at the train station that late.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

-Ron
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 12:55 PM

Hi,
Would be highly obliged if someone could chip in. I am planning to drive to the station tomorrow morning to get a feel but that will be only 1 day and it will be better if some one can give me an idea on what it is generally like.

Thanks
Ron

Old 04-23-2012, 12:57 PM

16,408 posts, read 31,009,829 times
I am confused for one and maybe others are also confused. In the other thread you created about taking a taxi everyday to the LIRR from Manhasset Hills, you stated you were DISABLED and couldn't drive because of that.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM

20,999 posts, read 31,462,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I am confused for one and maybe others are also confused. In the other thread you created about taking a taxi everyday to the LIRR from Manhasset Hills, you stated you were DISABLED and couldn't drive because of that.
Confused here too.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:28 PM

147 posts, read 497,658 times
This is from the post on 4/8/2012 by Ronnieyours:

"Hi,

I am planning to buy a house in manhasset hills but since I don't drive was hoping to take a cab to either mineola lIRR or nearest subway to catch a train to the city."

hmmm........

Old 04-23-2012, 08:56 PM

That's right.. I am disabled but my wife drives . I have been looking for a house in Manhasset and Manhasset hills both but because of our situation was having a tough time. I have a neck condition bcos of which I cannot drive. My wife has to go to the city 2 days a week at 8AM and that's the time we wanted to park at the Manhasset train station both at both of us an go to the city together. Other days I will be taking a cab to the train stain. Hope that clears the confusion.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 AM

7,801 posts, read 9,473,088 times
go to 62 manhasset ave for the most accurate details about the parking permit. that office closes at 3:30pm
While you are there, i recc you to go to the noren gas station (the shell station) & ask how much they charge to park at their lot monthly. This is if you decide to drive there but a non resident of manhasset

-7-7:15am, the main lot is filled up to capacity.
-8:30am, you will park at the end of other lot (memorial & manhasset ave) & walk about solid 2 blocks to the station from the parking lot.
-9am, its possible both lots are full & you may need to park at george street which is approx 3 blocks down

Last edited by sirtiger; 04-24-2012 at 07:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island