Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 09:19 AM

27 posts, read 77,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
lol I'll try to put it together today - Thanks for the update. After a quick look, Jericho may have been dethroned from the top.
Supply the raw data and your methodologies while you're at it.

Many Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 PM

196 posts, read 416,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
lol I'll try to put it together today - Thanks for the update. After a quick look, Jericho may have been dethroned from the top.
Cool also wondering what number you are using for the graduation rate...I looked at a couple of you scores and couldn't figure out where you were getting that number.

I did Commack since I'm moving into the district for next school year and their number was almost identical to last year.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:17 PM

196 posts, read 416,938 times
His methodology:

Methodology:
Grad Rate - 1x
Post-secondary Plans 2010-2011 Completers
To 4-year College - 2x
To College (4-year+2-year) - 1x
Regents Diploma with Advanced Designation - 2x
Comprehensive English (scored 65+/85+) - 2x
Algebra 2/Trig (scored 65+/85+) - 2x
Global History and Geography (scored 85+) - 1x

And scores are taken from https://reportcards.nysed.gov/

I've been toying with the idea of doing a STEM (science, tech, engineering, and math) version of the results. As an engineer, I'm more concerned with what kind of math and science results these schools are getting for my son.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:57 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,794,121 times
^ wow those reports break-down to races and how they scored.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,652 times
I'm surprised Herricks not among the top. Is this for 2013?

Old 08-20-2013, 02:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,446 times
I think so much is made of some towns and school districts and this proves they aren't all they are made out to be...I always heard Island Trees was a great school district also but clearly MacArthur H.S. in Levittown is far better

Old 01-28-2014, 11:52 AM

1 posts, read 2,099 times
Default worst of Suffolk and state

Sag HArbor schools are by far most worst place to send any child let alone live in town where registered molesters hide work pray on children School has number of workers that favor abusive parents lie to cover up for them while children are suffering and being abused. How is it possible that registered sex offenders child abusers are permitted to live near the schools in this one jackass town. Schools in heart of Harlem getto are much safer. I would be afraid to send a hyena to sag harbor or it's schools in fear of it being molested and abused.
Attached Thumbnails
Long Island School District Rankings-hyena.jpg  

Old 01-28-2014, 11:55 AM
s13

797 posts, read 1,273,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourchildrenfirst View Post
Sag HArbor schools are by far most worst place to send any child let alone live in town where registered molesters hide work pray on children School has number of workers that favor abusive parents lie to cover up for them while children are suffering and being abused. How is it possible that registered sex offenders child abusers are permitted to live near the schools in this one jackass town. Schools in heart of Harlem getto are much safer. I would be afraid to send a hyena to sag harbor or it's schools in fear of it being molested and abused.
As a hyena living in Sag Harbor, I agree with this here post. My hyenahole has never been in worse shape

Old 01-28-2014, 01:14 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,634,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourchildrenfirst View Post
This is the reason I visit this forum!

Old 01-28-2014, 03:14 PM

3,932 posts, read 5,035,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Would be interesting to see the average tax burden as a correlation, wouldn't it? Appears some are getting way more for their dollar than others, both tax-wise and housing cost-wise.
That data would be most relevant if you saw tax burden then a break down of residential property tax and commercial property tax.

Spending per pupil is pretty consistent amongst the "larger" districts- with crazy skewed numbers out of places like Fire Island, West Hampton, Oysterponds, etc.

Some small districts with shaky boundaries end up eating HUGE costs because of no business.
I wonder what that was like 100 years ago when the districts were founded.... I believe states provided a lot more funding then, as opposed to today's model which is largely property tax funded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island