Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 01:40 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,031,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody138 View Post
just let her rest in peace already!!!!!!!
Good job of doing that by bumping a thread that hasn't been touched in a month!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 9,028 times
the newspaper kid was christopher gruhn he was 14 years old his killer was 16 y.o. and his name was robert golliver it happened in 1983

Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,140,374 times
Lots of interesting items in this revived thread.

I would love to hear more aout the Golub case. I never understood why the younger brother was never considered a suspect or put on the stand.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:36 AM

4,697 posts, read 8,758,239 times
this wasn't famous on a national scale, but does anyone remember the two kids from North Babylon who started robbing Dairy Barns in the mid-90's and killed a worker (or was it more)?

It got a ton of coverag at the time...and then all of a sudden you never heard about it again.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 PM

91 posts, read 226,151 times
Another major case from Queens (technically LI) was the Howard Beach incident in 1986.

The Queens Spin - The Howard Beach Case

Old 01-30-2009, 01:51 PM

2 posts, read 17,828 times
Unhappy Know what your talking about

For your information I was a friend of Marty's and as we all know now HE DIDNT DO IT>
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
Marty Tankleff too.

Hell hath no fury like a a scorned rich kid

C

Old 01-30-2009, 01:53 PM

2 posts, read 17,828 times
you have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:17 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reynoldspat26 View Post
For your information I was a friend of Marty's and as we all know now HE DIDNT DO IT>
I agree, he dident do it.

There is just so many glaring signs namely that Marty's father's business partner (who owed Tankleff Sr. a ton of money btw) faked his own murder and fled right after the murder - THAT IS THE SMOKING GUN in this case.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:34 PM

25 posts, read 121,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I agree, he dident do it.

There is just so many glaring signs namely that Marty's father's business partner (who owed Tankleff Sr. a ton of money btw) faked his own murder and fled right after the murder - THAT IS THE SMOKING GUN in this case.
Seems the courts have finally agreed with what the public has always felt was true. Marty Tankleff has won his appeal and has been released. I believe there was also an investigation into the SCPDs handeling of this case.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:41 AM

4 posts, read 20,794 times
Default john pius murder (pebbles in throat)

I was friends with john pius and its my opinion the young boys charged were innocent...they chased him down over the mini bike but they didnt kill him...scpd leaked out case sensitive info to the media re:the pebbles stuffed in johns throat.johns body was dragged face down his teeth picked up the pebbles. When his body was discovered by his father the body was turned over and the pebbles dropped into the throat(forensics).johns father called 911 within an hour of his disapearance to report him missing (he thought the worst had happended and even searched for his son during that hour as well ) .its my opinion based on the evidence .the hot tempered father found his son john and the father "the black belt "threw him a punch that killed him...an accident.. Why would the father punch his son ? John disobeyed his father for leaving the house and the father went into one of his rages. *note :the father discovered his body and who reports their children missing within one hour in 1978 smithtown? This was a botched case .(((rest in peace my friend john pius i never forget you))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island