U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-07-2012, 10:16 AM
 
5,040 posts, read 5,003,629 times
Reputation: 3103

Advertisements

Just to let you all know that the number system at the medford DMV has bee down all last week and is still down. On Friday there was a 2 hour wait to be called. This was after lining up to get forms. They do not have signs on doors to tell clients.
Don't know how long this will be down for.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-07-2012, 10:18 AM
 
2,470 posts, read 4,849,440 times
Reputation: 1331
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Just to let you all know that the number system at the medford DMV has bee down all last week and is still down. On Friday there was a 2 hour wait to be called. This was after lining up to get forms. They do not have signs on doors to tell clients.
Don't know how long this will be down for.
Head for Port Jefferson or Hauppague DMV!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 11:07 AM
 
2,630 posts, read 4,638,663 times
Reputation: 1771
Wow, Bethpage DMV has 3-4 hr waits when everything is working correctly!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
 
3,686 posts, read 8,177,056 times
Reputation: 1800
Those wait times remind me of getting my license back in the 70s in NYC. You could guarantee a visit to the DMV was going to be a 4 to 5 hour event.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Smithtown, NY
1,679 posts, read 3,648,200 times
Reputation: 1204
Thankfully most things can be done online now. Had to go to Hauppauge office recently to renew my license because it required an eye exam, luckily I was out in 15 minutes.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM
 
2,630 posts, read 4,638,663 times
Reputation: 1771
Quote:
Originally Posted by nassau2suffolk View Post
Thankfully most things can be done online now. Had to go to Hauppauge office recently to renew my license because it required an eye exam, luckily I was out in 15 minutes.
FYI the eye exam can be done online as well. Go to any eyeglass store or optometrist (or optician or opthamologist) for a quickie exam. There is a card the provider fills out and a place online for you to input some of the detail from that card. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. Down side is you have to pay. I believe the eye exam at DMV is free.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-07-2012, 01:17 PM
 
2,470 posts, read 4,849,440 times
Reputation: 1331
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
FYI the eye exam can be done online as well. Go to any eyeglass store or optometrist (or optician or opthamologist) for a quickie exam. There is a card the provider fills out and a place online for you to input some of the detail from that card. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. Down side is you have to pay. I believe the eye exam at DMV is free.

Actually any MD, DO, PA, RN, LPN or Optometrist can do this for you, so if you were going to see one anyways....

the DMV one is free.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top