U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 06:21 AM

94 posts, read 116,166 times

Advertisements

There's lots of problems with NICE Buses after April 8th service change.
According to Veolia, N20 and N27 buses are supposed to be timed transfer, however most Sunday evening don't even timed transfer.

N57/N58 suppose to time with Long Island Railroad schedule, but it doesn't.

Also, from Long Island Bus Rider's Union, my best B/O friend told Veolia train new drivers in small parking lot.

When I took N32 bus yesterday, there was bus missing because one of passenger waiting for almost hour to 2 hours.

Lots of N27 riders are unhappy with off-peak service terminated at Roslyn Station, which require them to transfer to N23 bus for N27 route.
Both N20, N23, N27 transfers are not working.

Some NICE Passengers say NICE, some aren't NICE for other passengers.

One of my best B/O friend told union, there was missing bus on N16.

During my ride on N32, some folks want MTA to return.

Have anyone here took Nassau Inter County Express?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 AM

840 posts, read 2,268,009 times
taking the n25 bus for 6 months was bane of my existence. nassau busses are for miscreants

Old 05-11-2012, 07:43 AM

7,801 posts, read 9,469,786 times
I take the NICE (n20/n21/n25) enough to make some assessment

Bus actual service is same as MTA. Still living in mediocrity but still the usual giant foul up about once a month. C+
Drivers are more friendly than MTA drivers. B+

Nassau county owns the actual bus I believe which appears to be falling apart. Notice signage is crapping out as of late. The usual leakage of water when it rains with the older bus.

Bottom line, I am ok with NICE. If they are doing this with a fraction of MTA's budget...then we don't need MTA dysfunctional system.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:58 AM

91 posts, read 186,087 times
Is no

Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 PM

371 posts, read 673,619 times
I had to take it a couple of weeks ago. There was nothing nice about my experience.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:22 AM

1 posts, read 3,010 times
I go to work in the off peak hours. Its not transfer sensitive. Service is very bad. Every time we have to wait for 1 hour just to catch the right bus. It takes me two hours to reach manhasset from hillside.it wasnt like that before. Its a public transport but public is the least concern here! What a shame.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:08 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny098 View Post
I go to work in the off peak hours. Its not transfer sensitive. Service is very bad. Every time we have to wait for 1 hour just to catch the right bus. It takes me two hours to reach manhasset from hillside.it wasnt like that before. Its a public transport but public is the least concern here! What a shame.
I may be able to help which Lines did you use?
what ever you are doing to make your trip 2 hours long you must be doing something wrong. Tell me what lines you use then I will see what is wrong with your commute and give you accurate advice. I never took 2 hours to go anywhere in nassau by bus. Then again sometimes I use LIRR to bus. It takes 2 hours to get from massepequa to brooklyn by bus I never heard it being that slow you must be doing something wrong here PM me so I can assist you better.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:13 PM

371 posts, read 673,619 times
I got a PM asking about why I felt the service was not so nice.... I'll just answer it here.

I got on the N6 in Elmont, at around noon on a Saturday, not far from the queens border and it was standing room only. It would be nice if there were buses that started at the Nassau border, so people who live in Nassau can sit and not have to stand on an overcrowded bus. I mean this service is supposed to be for Nassau county residents, right?

Also, it was pretty loud. Even though I had my noise cancelling earphones turned up, I could still hear people talking rather loudly. Very annoying. The return trip was pretty much the same. And don't get me started on the hempstead bus terminal. You would think they would find a way to deal with the bird droppings. That is not very sanitary, and it's sad that those who go there daily don't make them do something about it.

That was my first time taking a bus in years, so I guess I just forgot how horrible the buses going into Hempstead are. Hopefully it was my last time.

It would be nice if they took credit and debit cards. Trying to find a place that sells metro cards or getting change is annoying if you don't take the bus often.

Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 PM

279 posts, read 781,627 times
A few weeks ago, i was in freeport at the N4 bus stop. There was a bus already there with people on it, but the driver had the door closed (i guess to keep the ac on and bus cool). I knocked on the door, and the bus driver didnt open the door and drove off. Had to wait 30min for the next bus..NOT NICE..atleast regular NYC bus drivers will open the door for you if they are they running the ac and keeping the door close and sitting idle at a bus stop

Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 PM

3,882 posts, read 8,363,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnalsI gnoL View Post
I got on the N6 in Elmont, at around noon on a Saturday, not far from the queens border and it was standing room only. It would be nice if there were buses that started at the Nassau border, so people who live in Nassau can sit and not have to stand on an overcrowded bus. I mean this service is supposed to be for Nassau county residents, right?
Define "overcrowded". If it's a couple of people standing, that's not overcrowded. If it's 30 people standing, it's overcrowded. I've had to fight to get on some buses here in NYC, so I'll gladly take a SRO bus.

As for starting buses at the Nassau border, the buses are drop-off only in Queens, so yes they are for Nassau residents. Service on the N6 should be beefed up in general, since it's a busy route on both ends (going towards Hempstead and going towards Jamaica).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island