Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 05:36 PM

919 posts, read 1,689,808 times

Advertisements

I'm not from long island, haven't visited in years and certainley have never been in the vicinity of LIU-CW post I was wondering if natives maybe had something to say about it? Thanks in advance!😘
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 06:39 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,327,789 times
I don't think it's worth what you pay for since the school really isn't that reputable. I'm not saying that it has a bad reputation, i'm just saying that it's not that much of a well-known school.

If you're going to spend that much on college, I would recommend that it at least be a somewhat reputable school like St. John's, Hofstra, Pace, Wagner or Fairfield U. LIU is an expensive school.

The school also isn't that selective at all, it has an 82% acceptance rate so pretty much any remotely decent student can get in. Even though every student who wants an education deserves one, a school that anybody can get into is not good to be known for. It negatively effects your degree's prestige/value.

But schedule a tour of the college and if you like the college and what it has to offer then go for it. The actual quality of education between 4-year schools probably isn't that different from each other, it's just the reputations. So if quality of education is your number one goal then go for it! (if you really like the school)

I would recommend you search up some older threads if you want to hear student's opinion of it.

Last edited by LongIslandPerson; 05-14-2012 at 07:21 PM..

Old 05-14-2012, 07:12 PM

327 posts, read 1,063,313 times
Save your money on the tuition and go to Stony Brook. If you want to be closer to the city Queens College.

Old 05-15-2012, 11:02 AM

322 posts, read 937,209 times
Depending on what you are majoring in, CW Post is not the most ideal school. If you're looking at accounting, finance, or business, it may suit your needs. Any other major and you're better off looking elsewhere.
Also, the campus is pretty much isolated, so without a car (maybe a bicycle) you're stuck in a proverbial no man's land.
They also have a nasty trick of giving away scholoarships to pretty much anyone with a decent HS transcript. The catch is if your grades drop below the requirement for even one semester, they take it away with no chance of redemption unless you're a student athlete.
I agree with LIPerson, for the same money you can go to schools with better academics and culture like Hofstra, St John's, or Stony Brook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island