Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:44 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times

Advertisements

True. Why bother running. If you are stuck on Long Island, it doesn't really matter where you go anymore. Every community is changing. Some are going to go ghetto while other areas will just be more diverse. The remaining white enclaves on Long Island are diminishing and some are diminishing rapidly. Don't think you are all so safe and sound in your little place on Long Island - "the winds of change are blowing."

It is really NOT like this in all areas of the country. Check out states like Vermont and North Dakota I do know how many people feel, being run from their own towns, but there are places to live if you want to escape this.
But, I must say also that many many Central Americans are lovely people who come from a humble and gentle culture. Some of us can learn a lot from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 06:58 AM

1,058 posts, read 3,488,174 times
Quote:
Check out states like Vermont and North Dakota
There heading to those places also. No state is immune. Don't you see that the country is being flooded with third worlders to purposely make whites a minority. This will happen as early as 2035 by some estimates.

I hate to say it, but I think I'm realizing that I'll have to leave so that my kids can live a better life someplace else. If Long Island deteriorates further, which it will because of Spitzer's new act to allow illegals to get drivers licenses, I think I have to go. No point moving to another town on Long Island - the only solution is to leave. I have a few places in mind. I wouldn't go South, but I would head West.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:11 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,071,618 times
Illegals do not want to come to Vermont. There are no easy handouts up or affirmative action here or in neighboring NH. Life is hard for everyone, except the very rich. We were sort of forced to move (again after looking for a few years for somewhere outside of Long Island). I don't know if I will be here after a year (the pay is awful and prices just as high in NY).

I don't blame illegals for ruining NY. People want to go where it's a better life. I blame the politicians that do not run things fairly and cater to one ethnic group. Be fair for all, not just for some who help line your buddy's pockets.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:13 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
That is where I am headed , nbres. I retire from teaching this very June (173 teaching days left!) and I am moving West the minute I do. All I want is peace and quiet. There are better places.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:52 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,515,675 times
The type of situation that KellyFG describes is rampant in Salt Lake City, Utah. My family lives in Mt. Kisco, NY....an affluent northern NYC suburb...and the exact thing happens there. It is happening in a lot of cities...

...and spreading rapidly.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,282,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clamboy View Post
The guiding principle for the GOP is to exploit cheap labor and ignore our borders.

Im not sure where the Dems are incorrect here.

C

While I agree that the GOP has dropped the ball on immigration reform, the loudest voices I hear for greater border security come from the conservative side. The Dems, knowing the black and minority vote has saved their arses for years and years, can't wait for all these potential new votes to come their way. The GOP candidates in "diverse" areas have to soften up on hispanic issues or in the future they won't get elected dogcatcher. I despise that this is the direction this country is headed.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:49 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,643,604 times
When we were staying at the Hogge Penny Inn (I don't know if the name has been changed) in Rutland, VT, my car was broken into - the back window was smashed, glass everywhere, and a few personal items were taken - fortunately nothing of great value. Turns out that a drug ring up there frequently made the rounds of inns, motels, etc. parking lots on the weekends breaking into cars.

We were kept about 4 hours in the AM of the next day after we found the mess - about another 4 or 5 cars at the same place were broken into.

Why the delay of 4 hours? Only 1 (that's right, one) policeman was on duty for all of the Rutland area. I couldn't believe it. Still can't.

Yes, there is crime even in pretty Vermont. Not quite as pristine as they want you to believe.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:06 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,618 times
Let's face it fellow Long Islanders... nowhere on LI will be a "good neighborhood" with in the next 10 to 20 years. As long as liberals like Spitzer are in control and we have people like Shumer and Clinton "representing" us we're doomed. More and more liberals are moving into LI and as far as I'm concerned that spells "There goes the neighborhood". Moving to a "nicer " place on LI is a waste in my mind. I'm moving to a solidly conservative state like Nebraska, Utah,Wyoming. I want to live my retirement in an area not controled by people who think illegal aliens are just fine and should be given every right that legal citizens have. What part of ILLEGAL to these people not get? By the way, this includes Bush! He's really dropped the ball on immigration.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:21 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Let's face it fellow Long Islanders... nowhere on LI will be a "good neighborhood" with in the next 10 to 20 years. As long as liberals like Spitzer are in control and we have people like Shumer and Clinton "representing" us we're doomed. More and more liberals are moving into LI and as far as I'm concerned that spells "There goes the neighborhood". Moving to a "nicer " place on LI is a waste in my mind. I'm moving to a solidly conservative state like Nebraska, Utah,Wyoming. I want to live my retirement in an area not controled by people who think illegal aliens are just fine and should be given every right that legal citizens have. What part of ILLEGAL to these people not get? By the way, this includes Bush! He's really dropped the ball on immigration.
Greed is bad.

This failure in immigration is GWBs
LI has gone LocoMexiCali since 2000 thanks his core Conservative contituency...not the Liberals.

You can try to hang this on the Libs and the Clintons and Spitzer....but the reality of the situation is that this debacle falls squarely on the greed of the Cons.

Thanks to no Millionaire left behind....LI will be paying the high price of cheap labor for generations.

You can also thank your local tax evading contractor and his BS S-Corp.

C

BTW

Be careful in Omaha... gang central

Last edited by clamboy; 09-23-2007 at 10:35 AM..

Old 09-23-2007, 10:25 AM

672 posts, read 905,468 times
Default C-Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyFG View Post
my husband & I were headed to a backyard party in Huntington village, we were going after work & needed to stop along the way to pick up beer or something to bring. We made the mistake of taking rt 110 north which turned into NY ave-very scary & finally after what seemed like days the only thing we found a was a "C-Town" store. I have never been in one of these in my life. Well from the moment we got out of our car it was like we just landed in central america. I'd be willing to bet every penny in my 401k that we were the only people in there that speak english as their FIRST language.
Then it happened...the horror.
We get to the register & there is a sign in both english & spanish that says basically
"we'll accept your pay checks as payment for you food if we recognize the business name on the check"
So here is a food store that is CASHING checks for people without bank accounts & laundering the money through the store. Holy mother of god, we are F@#$%^!!!!
this is CRAZY!!!!!
Another scam that slides under the radar. I'm horrified by how little our government is doing to control this mess!!!
C-Town is a Queens chain. There were quite a few of them 25 years ago when we lived in Middle Village. I really don't remember the staff being all "minorities", but I will say the stores were VERY DIRTY. I stopped going there when I found roaches (the bug) in my shopping bags.

So, they have now come to LI?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island