Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY9550 View Post
I lived in north amityville for 11 yrs now and come to relize it is one of th worst neighborhoods in l.i next to hempstead,brentwood,roosevelt and wyndanch i hear police sirens and gunshots every night i stay on east smith street which is one of the most gang and drug related streets there i know at least 35 ppl who were killed in amityville since 2009 started whether they come from the city. Or other parts of l.i but some how these murders never make the news suffolk county is crooked........despite what people think north amityville is filled with nothin but ang/drug related savages.
So why do you still live there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 6,899 times
their is a music group called First Family in amityville they actually create good music during the rough times in their area mali is like 16 and li is like 17 they are great rappers and they rap with no cursing, i actually listen to them on myspace [url=http://www.myspace.com/firstfamily823]First Family on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads[/url]

for these kids to make great music like they do in the rough times of amityville where 5 people were shot 2 weeks ago and another was killed during the super bowl they may have something special they arent signed but they work with major artist and have been looked at by major labels i hear their music everytime i go to a club like rumba sky or naki's but i wonder why they arent signed

Old 02-09-2010, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 6,899 times
the newest gang is NSG in amityville they are beating up on all the local gangs in long island
but they arent a gang so they say they are calm but when a member gets in to trouble they go wild and are willing to do anything

they have 3 og's the cops need to bring down asap before they make amityville into a war zone

Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,705,479 times
Can you translate that so a middle-aged white guy can understand? Thanks.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,374 times
Red face north amityville

north amityville is not a bad place to live-i like it- everything is close by

Old 03-21-2010, 08:49 AM

137 posts, read 356,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudy balisiano View Post
their is a music group called First Family in amityville they actually create good music during the rough times in their area mali is like 16 and li is like 17 they are great rappers and they rap with no cursing, i actually listen to them on myspace First Family on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

for these kids to make great music like they do in the rough times of amityville where 5 people were shot 2 weeks ago and another was killed during the super bowl they may have something special they arent signed but they work with major artist and have been looked at by major labels i hear their music everytime i go to a club like rumba sky or naki's but i wonder why they arent signed
de la sol did that before them in the late 80s.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:41 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,245,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YELLOWMONTE View Post
de la sol did that before them in the late 80s.
One of the guys from Tribe Called Quest is from there too.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:48 AM

136 posts, read 492,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
One of the guys from Tribe Called Quest is from there too.
Tribe Called Quest is from Queens (although Phife Dwag used to spend a lot of time on Long Island). Members of De La Soul are from East Massapequa and Amityville and all went to Amityville HS.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred5 View Post
Tribe Called Quest is from Queens (although Phife Dwag used to spend a lot of time on Long Island). Members of De La Soul are from East Massapequa and Amityville and all went to Amityville HS.

no, one of tribe is from east massapequa (he even raps about it in one of thier songs.)

Old 03-23-2010, 05:07 PM

chubb rock currently resided in amityville. I was at his house for a show back in november.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island