Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 07:00 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,997,457 times

Advertisements

Ha. The game is so rigged. When they WANT to loan money, they take the 5 highest average comp sales and overestimate the property to say "wow, you have all this equity, no problem." When they DON'T want to make the loan (like when interest rates are 3.25%) they take the low comps and say "ewwww, your LTV is not sufficient." Then they write in a little paragraph about how their in-house calculations are all that matter, you can flush the "pro" appraisal you paid for. These cats didn't get rich by giving alot of 3% loans!! They'll sit on the stockpiles of cash and play the market a while longer if they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 07:52 AM

426 posts, read 960,301 times
If you can, do it through Bethpage Federal Credit union....credit unions have much better rates and deals than the "regular" banks....

I was so shocked when buying a new car how much lower their rate was compared to the interest rate the dealership was offering...

Old 06-21-2012, 08:04 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical95 View Post
If you can, do it through Bethpage Federal Credit union....credit unions have much better rates and deals than the "regular" banks....

I was so shocked when buying a new car how much lower their rate was compared to the interest rate the dealership was offering...
I am going to call BFCU see what they say.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:05 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,997,457 times
Not to be a negative nelly (who me?...never! lol) but doesn't Bethpage CU have the same LTV parameters as everybody else? Credit Unions are great but they also tend to be more accurate and thus more conservative about the value. They will provide the loan, but if LTV is not where it has to be, it will be reflected in the rate. Risk costs money, even to a friendly credit union. The OP's original problem is about LTV, not bank rates. If BPCFU can help with this, that would be great to know.

Old 06-21-2012, 11:44 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
I do work in the Industry and a Heloc is certainly a bit more omplicated than it use to be, and if the Heloc is small many banks won't touch it

I can't think of anyone in the industry who uses zillow to look at home values. Until an appraisal is done, no one is going to know exactly the home will come in for. With that being said there are ways we can get an idea of what the home will come in at. If its borderline it might be worth the appraisal to see, but if the value is nowhere near what it needs to be to get the loan done, then the lender is doing the right thing by not even attempting it.

Now you said your home was appraised at $315,000 and your being told its worth $260,000. How long ago was that appraisal done?

Old 06-23-2012, 07:02 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I do work in the Industry and a Heloc is certainly a bit more omplicated than it use to be, and if the Heloc is small many banks won't touch it

I can't think of anyone in the industry who uses zillow to look at home values. Until an appraisal is done, no one is going to know exactly the home will come in for. With that being said there are ways we can get an idea of what the home will come in at. If its borderline it might be worth the appraisal to see, but if the value is nowhere near what it needs to be to get the loan done, then the lender is doing the right thing by not even attempting it.

Now you said your home was appraised at $315,000 and your being told its worth $260,000. How long ago was that appraisal done?
November 2010. Citibank said they checked Zillow and said it was $260,000 now.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:50 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,152,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
November 2010. Citibank said they checked Zillow and said it was $260,000 now.

I'm sorry, but IMHO anyone who uses Zillow for current market value is NOT a professional!

"Zillow Zestimates are Zuseless"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island