Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 06:54 AM

903 posts, read 3,583,374 times

Advertisements

Hi-does anyone recommend somewhere to buy a used ( under 30,000 mile-year 2009-2012) chevy traverse or honda pilot? Any place to avoid? We bought our last car from Atlantic and it was fine but they dont have much traverse inventory. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 07:00 AM

465 posts, read 1,712,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyla View Post
Hi-does anyone recommend somewhere to buy a used ( under 30,000 mile-year 2009-2012) chevy traverse or honda pilot? Any place to avoid? We bought our last car from Atlantic and it was fine but they dont have much traverse inventory. Thanks
Have you looked on Autotrader.com for GM dealers with inventory?

Old 09-12-2012, 07:45 AM

no-i will try that-thanks

Old 09-12-2012, 08:28 AM

3,532 posts, read 5,720,327 times
Quote:
I hate all the Atlantic/Millelnium dealers. Same owner, same sleeze everywhere.

I'd opt for the Pilot personally. As far as Honda dealers go, I'd recommend Huntington Honda.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 AM

Atlantic/Millenium own about 19 dealerships I think-I spoke to Huntington Honda and will probably go over there within the next couple of days-thanks

Old 09-12-2012, 10:18 AM

827 posts, read 3,097,386 times
I purchased my used Honda Pilot from Honda West on Jericho Turnpike. I searched everywhere for (at the time) a 2008 Honda Pilot with nothing more than 35k miles. This was in early 2011. I went to so many dealerships and most of them had garbage! I went to Atlantic Honda in West Islip and I couldn't believe how bad of condition their Pilots were in. High miles and some of them even had mismatched rims! Some of them were dinged and dented and the cost wasn't that great. I ended up on Jericho Tpk as my last resort b/c I knew that they always made their cars higher priced and would act like they were giving you extra money on a trade...while they weren't. They just jack up the car itself prices. However, when it came time to get serious and wheel and deal with them b/c I found a Pilot with less than 35k miles and it was in mint condition, I sat down and offered them a price and we went from there. The negotiating was easy with them. I usually have my father with me but my parents were in Florida at the time and I had just sold my car personally so I needed a car ASAP. I recommend going to them. However, I do not take my car to be serviced with them UNLESS it's necessary. I purchased an extended warranty as well which I can use at my regular auto mechanic as long as they get approval. The process was pretty smooth and I recommend Huntington Honda used car department. They had some cars that were shady too but they were the only dealership where I could find a Pilot with lower miles and great condition. Good luck with your search. I love my Pilot but have had issues in the past with American Honda about certain things between my Honda's and Acura. Overall though, the cars are built well and I like them.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 AM

252 posts, read 420,679 times
Quote:
Try Babylon Honda. They are not part of the Atlantic Group.

If you want a Traverse, Arnold Chevy is next door. You'd be able to look at both vehicles.

Purchased cars from both dealers and had a good experience with both

Old 09-12-2012, 06:12 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,538,887 times
Quote:
Def the Honda Pilot. Wife has a 2011 & loves it. Great truck! Nice and roomy.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,575,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky25 View Post
Def the Honda Pilot. Wife has a 2011 & loves it. Great truck! Nice and roomy.
Yep, thats it. The Pilot is basically a truck, and looks like one too, which is great if thats what you're looking for.

if you're looking for family car, the Traverse will leave you happier.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:26 PM

Experience so far with Huntington Honda-

I went in-they examined my car-gave me a price that they would pay-we figured out price of car to buy. My husband spoke to the saleperson several times-he was at work. He then spoke with manager today- and wanted to give deposit on credit card over phone. The manager said he made a mistake and accidently typed in the wrong info for my car they were going to buy-its not worth as much as they thought-so after my being there an hour yesterday and my husband on the phone with the salesman multiple times the management changed the numbers when it was time to take deposit-

sneaky sneaky sneaky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island