Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 07:44 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama8 View Post
I grew up in an unincorporated town. It was fine and made no difference at all. No such thing as an unincorporated house???
Yes, thats right, there's no such thing as an incorporated or an unincoporated house. Why is that so confusing? Its the area or district that is incorporated or unincorporated, whether it has houses or not.

The OP is looking at a house which evidently is in an unincorporated area.

can we just stop this now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 AM

9 posts, read 20,778 times
Thanks much for the education from friends above, it's totally different for me, just 1 month ago came to US from country with long time absolutism tradition. haha, you know.
But if there isn't a material difference, the house in unincorporated hamlet with much less paying for the great school, is really a big bargain, isn't it? In this highly liberalized market, such a good thing is just like a cake from heaven. I guess there must be something to affect its resale value.
Am I too mean? sorry about that, I'm not a corrupt official to buy house with full cash without blink.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:12 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
May I suggest that we can be enormously more helpful to you if you tell us where you are wanting to buy. Not the street or the number just the name, as in Hempstead, Lynbrook, Mineola etc.

A good house is a good house no matter where it is. Now your question relative to a bargain, is not as easy to answer. I live in an unincorporated area in (TNH) Town of North Hemptead, the next area over is a village and they are in the same school district as I am. They pay the same school taxes I do based upon assessed valuation of their home and they also pay the same county taxes that I do. The difference is they have their own garbage, leaf picking up, road repairs, recycling etc and therefore they pay another municipality for that portion of their taxes instead of to the town. So you see, the answer to your question is not that easy. I also answer to the TNH for things like building permits, code violations, storage bins etc where you will answer to the village, city or town you live in if it is not unincorporated. Sometimes it is a plus and sometimes it is a negative.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:15 PM

9 posts, read 20,778 times
nuts2uiam
Thanks a lot, your reply is always in detail and helpful.
The area I want to buy is Great Neck South, the westminster road.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:28 PM

25 posts, read 48,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
What exactly is an unincorporated HOUSE on LI?? And what you say is false. Whether a village is unincorporated or not, it doesn't make it terrible or elite. It seems the OP and his agent are not communicating properly with each other.
I was just sayin that we're in the unincorporated part of the school district. Actually, the incorporated villages tend to be more elite around here except for CSH. No village popo to bust up yo party too .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island