Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 10:25 AM

745 posts, read 1,504,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
The bolded part mean you can be a resident alien... Get it?
You're reading it incorrectly. You only need to be a NY state resident. According to the Nassau County Wic

You can receive WIC even if:
You are not a legal resident, a green card is not needed
You are not a US citizen
You do not have a social security number
You or other household members work
You get Food Stamps, public assistance or Medicaid
You are a foreign student, (F-1 Visa).

Nassau County Department of Health
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 10:34 AM

909 posts, read 1,837,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
You're reading it incorrectly. You only need to be a NY state resident. According to the Nassau County Wic

You can receive WIC even if:
You are not a legal resident, a green card is not needed
You are not a US citizen
You do not have a social security number
You or other household members work
You get Food Stamps, public assistance or Medicaid
You are a foreign student, (F-1 Visa).

Nassau County Department of Health
My bad I didn't have that information. Regardless it's not the illegals fault that the US gov't passes these ridiculous laws.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,772 times
Chris Hedges: America’s devastated ‘sacrifice zones’ are the future for all of us | The Raw Story

Chris Hedges has the answers in this interview yet I doubt anyone will bother to take the time to listen....

Old 07-21-2012, 11:00 AM

909 posts, read 1,837,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Chris Hedges: America’s devastated ‘sacrifice zones’ are the future for all of us | The Raw Story

Chris Hedges has the answers in this interview yet I doubt anyone will bother to take the time to listen....
Another great post. Thank you.

Old 07-21-2012, 11:01 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,860 times
Quote:
My bad I didn't have that information. Regardless it's not the illegals fault that the US gov't passes these ridiculous laws.
It's obvious you don't understand....but if It's any consolation the're many in the same boat

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-21-2012, 12:00 PM

70 posts, read 95,340 times
Quote:

They jumped the fence therefore its always there fault!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Another great post. Thank you.
No problem at all, glad to see someone has an open mind and is able to see there is more to the problem than meets the eye. This is coming from a carpenter that has been a victim of the problem financially, not because of what they may see from time to time.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:21 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
No problem at all, glad to see someone has an open mind and is able to see there is more to the problem than meets the eye. This is coming from a carpenter that has been a victim of the problem financially, not because of what they may see from time to time.
Quote:
A friend of mine brings his elderly in-laws to the US from Ecuador to visit with him and they stay here for months at a time. While here he signs them up to receive SSI benefits even though they are staying with him and really don't need the funds. This is happening at a time where we are cutting benefits for Americans because funding problems but provide money and most likely Medicare or Medicaid for non citizens while they visit relatives. Something is just not right!
Something certainly is not right.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Something certainly is not right.
Like I said there is more to the problem than meets the eye.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:39 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Forced to be born here? Planned is more like it, thanks to a misinterpretation of the 14th amendment. How many other countries on this planet give citizenship status to a child born there of parents who are both foreign nationals?
Quote:
The children planned to be born here? Come again?
Do not take the quote out of context and then ignore the more relevent portion. The parents plan to have their children here because the government has allowed the 14th amendment to be misinterpreted. Do tell: how many other countries grant citizenship to an infant born of foreigners?

Pregnant Asian women pay to come to this country to bear their children solely for American citizenship. They are hidden away in apartments in California while awaiting the baby's birth so as not to tip off immigration officials. There was an article in one of the news magazines about maternity tourism in NY.

In some of your posts you're defensive of Latinos which I can only surmise stems from your national origin. Being a grand child of legal Hispanic immigrants, I know how hard it can be, language barrier not withstanding, but I do not favor ANY group entering illegally or entering with the express purpose of enriching themselves at a cost to the taxpaying USC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island