Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:21 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingpointe516 View Post
Yeah I like Buffalo Exchange, my friend SWEARS by that store! But it's in Brooklyn I would love something a little bit closer! haha. Maybe one day I haven't heard of Beacons Closet though. I'm probably going to the city this weekend so I'll check it out! Thanks
Beacons is in Brooklyn as well not Manhattan- it's like a block or 2 from Buffalo. I'm not particularly a fan of Beacons, I find the "buyers" to be pretty pretentious although I'm pretty sure that's a requirement for anyone who lives or works in Williamsburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 09:41 PM

372 posts, read 740,695 times
I went to the Goodwill in Bellmore and found a couple of pairs of decent pants for less than $4 each. There were some nice shirts and decent suits as well, but nothing in my size that I liked. I'll check back in a few weeks.

On my way out to Tanger in DP, I discovered the amvet thrift store in Copiague, so I pulled over and checked it out. Wouldn't recommend it. It smelled horrible in there and they had nothing that was wearable imo. The goodwill didnt smell too good either, but at least I was able to breathe in there.

I will check out the one in Roslyn this week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island