Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM

377 posts, read 644,307 times

Advertisements

Ok.....update to the update. Lol. We found our home, the inspection went much better, and we are moving forward. It's nice to know where we will be living. For real, this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 01:02 PM

69 posts, read 210,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdlugozi View Post
Ok.....update to the update. Lol. We found our home, the inspection went much better, and we are moving forward. It's nice to know where we will be living. For real, this time.
Congratulations and good luck!!

Old 08-30-2012, 01:29 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Quote:
Congratulations!
Let us know when you're in contract and the appraisal came in with the right number!

Old 08-30-2012, 02:27 PM

I will. I think the appraisal will be ok, based on the fair price and all the recent comps (there has been a lot of recent turnover from original senior homeowners in their upper 70s to 80s moving in with family, etc), so a lot of comps to compare to. And we are doing a traditional mortgage with a decent down payment, so not borrowing near the full purchase price, etc. Honestly, my biggest worry at this point is that our bank is supposedly very slow in scheduling closings, and we can't be stuck with no place to stay with all of our kids! We are in contract and need to leave this house, one way or another.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:03 PM

739 posts, read 1,847,634 times
What a relief! Wishing you happiness in your new abode.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,513,539 times
Best wishes!! Heres to many years of being on the front lines of the Pequa/Rocky Point war!!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:35 PM

LOL. I will keep out of that one! I used to live near Rocky Point. Great St Patrick's Day parade. And we absolutely love what we know so far re: Massapequa. So no fighting here.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:25 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,243,983 times
Quote:
Congrats!! that is a great area - Florence Beach is a little gem when you have a short amount of time for some sun. I know people that live a few houses away from the entrance to the park.

I don't think you mentioned if you have kids but I have found it to be a great place for my kids to meet friends and for my wife and I to add some great friends along the way too. I have felt a small pull of a "keeping up with the Jones's" a few times because there are some families that are just extremely wealty - based on my experience a few obnoxious but more down to earth. Best of luck!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:27 AM

We do have kids- five of them! LOL. Our oldest is almost 9 and our youngest is almost 3 and getting ready to start preschool. While we are looking forward to making improvements to our house and making it our own, and we do like to keep our place looking nice...honestly, we are just too busy with our kids to keep up with the Jones! We have found that there are nice folks and obnoxious folks everywhere. I grew up in CT and there was no shortage of both varieties of people there too. We figure that at least Massapequa is big enough that the odds are that through church, school, etc, we and our kids will likely find our own niche with people who share common interests, values, etc.

We are looking forward to Florence Beach and we love that it is so close. We also love that there are some nice parks nearby for the kids. And it will be so great to cut down on the commutes to my husband's work and to the city, where two of our kids' doctors are. It will be a good move all around.

Nice to hear from someone so familiar with the neighborhood. Now, we just need to keep our fingers crossed that the bank is quick with scheduling our closing, so we can move quickly and are not stuck between houses. Never a dull moment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island