Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 02:14 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,950,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
hate to burst your bubble, but not all of them are.

sorry, it is not what I want to hear either.
Remember round is also a shape ok but tell me they don't have pregnancy stretch marks and boobs down to their knees.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,807,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
hate to burst your bubble, but not all of them are.

sorry, it is not what I want to hear either.
It is true that many patrons of "nudist" beaches/resorts are not exactly off the pages of Playboy/Playgirl. Not from this decade, anyway.

However, to imply that "old", "fat", or "ugly" people don' have the same right to be nude as "hot dudes" and "hot babes" is really a pretty brazen thing to say ("looksist", I think is the PC term). As we've been telling the OP, if you don't like what you see, don't look--it's not their job to cover up on your account.

A lot of people who don't fit the conventional definition of "goodlooking" like nude beaches specifically because of their "equalizing" factor where all the "trappings" are removed and everyone is there "as God made 'em". Generally nudists/naturists are not the type to be judgmental about someone else's looks. Those who go to "gawk" and hope to catch some eye candy are in some ways as offensive as the OP and her "I demand to tell you what to do on your own turf!!" attitude. If there's one philosophy at a nude beach, it should be "live and let live--leave the attitudes behind". (Heh, he said 'behind').

Old 09-21-2012, 04:10 PM

64 posts, read 85,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
It is true that many patrons of "nudist" beaches/resorts are not exactly off the pages of Playboy/Playgirl. Not from this decade, anyway.

However, to imply that "old", "fat", or "ugly" people don' have the same right to be nude as "hot dudes" and "hot babes" is really a pretty brazen thing to say ("looksist", I think is the PC term). As we've been telling the OP, if you don't like what you see, don't look--it's not their job to cover up on your account.

A lot of people who don't fit the conventional definition of "goodlooking" like nude beaches specifically because of their "equalizing" factor where all the "trappings" are removed and everyone is there "as God made 'em". Generally nudists/naturists are not the type to be judgmental about someone else's looks. Those who go to "gawk" and hope to catch some eye candy are in some ways as offensive as the OP and her "I demand to tell you what to do on your own turf!!" attitude. If there's one philosophy at a nude beach, it should be "live and let live--leave the attitudes behind". (Heh, he said 'behind').

Exactly, nude beaches aren't made for gawking. It's a lifestyle. I was in Mexico a few years ago and we were on the beach right on the Gulf. Lots of young people, lots of families and children. A little while later I notice 2 children who were playing so nicely and building sandcastles, just sort of dropped their buckets and shovels and their little faces frozen with mouths gaping wide open. I turn to the direction they're looking at and here comes 2 shriveled up old people. He in microtiny Speedos and she in a thong...AND TOPLESS. Her boobs were down to her abdomen. The sagging and swinging flesh was just...

apparently it's ok to casually stroll through a non-nude beach but they were so natural about it as if they were fully clothed.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:37 PM

999 posts, read 2,356,424 times
I always hope salt water crocs will find there way to Long Island or Killer whales come and do the same to people on the beach that they do to seals, you know nature keeping itself in check.

Nude is nude, but using the beach for just about driving it in.....ah well thats a bit more than what the beach is for

Old 09-23-2012, 01:37 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,813,009 times
This is the most ridiculous thread I have seen on here for awhile. Lady, you brought your kids to a nude beach. Really??? Are people really this clueless that they think the world needs to cater to them?

Old 09-23-2012, 02:19 PM

999 posts, read 2,356,424 times
I believe her issue is only with the sending it home part, nudity is just a body lacking clothes, it's the **** rubbing and licking she is complaining about....

Just like that comment is gonna tap someones eyes, same as it did her at the nude beach, wasn't the nudity so much as it was the sweaty licking of eachother.

Just like you would be offended if i was in laying at your beach sending it to my gf or bf... or at a park groping eachother or wherever the licking and jerking and stroking part was the problem, probably also afraid to explain it too.
and away we go

Old 09-30-2012, 05:04 PM

96 posts, read 186,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaDoll View Post
Hello. I never knew such a website like this existed to discuss topics about long island with long islanders but there is something I must bring up here..

Recently I have moved with my husband and two (6, 8) daughters to Sayville from Seaford and decided to check out the Fire Island beaches. I have lived on long island my whole life but have never visited Fire Island.

What a beautiful place it is. I do understand it has a large gay population which is competely fine with me but I am quite shocked and appauled by what happened this past weekend.

Around my daughters and many others relaxing on the beach there were many naked men, some kissing each other naked! No respect for anyone else. Isnt this illegal? There were no lifeguards, I did not see any police officers. when two went too far kissing each other naked on a towel. there were many children around...

Once again I dont mind gay people but their behaviors around young children ?? there were many familys around.

What are the laws on the books for fire island beaches? What are laws for national seashores and has anyone else had similar experience ?I am calm now but I was very upset and disgusted it ruined the whole trip. I dont quite understand how adults can think that such behavior is acceptable around children?

If you are going to live in Sayville and want to enjoy the ocean Beaches
of Fire Island, make sure that next time you go down to the ferry terminal, be sure to get on the one to Sailors Haven. Not the ones that go to Fire Island Pines or Cherry Grove.

The residential communities of FI each have their own unique "demographic" and the residents and guests go there to be themselves, with others like themselves. As far as laws go, those that might be enforced in the same jurisdiction on the mainland, forget it, not happening.
Despite the ever present SCPD and FINS Rangers, as long as you are not endangering yourself or someone else, you will not have any contact with law enforcement.

Sailors Haven or one of the other park service facilities geared toward visiting families from the mainland is where you should go. plus you will have concessions, showers, bathrooms, and changing facilities that you wouldn't in the residential ares.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:04 PM

84 posts, read 195,005 times
New York Nude Beaches Fire Island no longer Clothing Optional.

NATIONAL SEASHORE UPDATE AS OF 2013: Fire Island No longer clothing optional!
Effective immediately, state nudity laws will be enforced at Fire Island National Seashore”

Why the sudden change in policy?

-Lack of Dune protection: Hurricane Sandy leveled the dunes in this area, which increases the visibility of the beach from other public use areas
-New Habitat: The Hurricane sandy over wash areas left by the storm created added habitat for sensitive species in the area.
-Increase in criminal activity in the designated clothing-optional areas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upon further inspection of the plan, the federal government says it will enforce the law in boundaries as follows: all communities and beaches west of the community ofCherry Grove and east of Fire Island Pines.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess the original poster will no longer have anything to complain about.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:42 PM

199 posts, read 1,105,789 times
Quote:
-New Habitat: The Hurricane sandy over wash areas left by the storm created added habitat for sensitive species in the area.
I don't understand what the second bullet had to do with nudity. I don't know why the Seashore wrote that.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:51 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,692,209 times
Fines = $$$

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island