Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Depending on plan, it can be as low as $4/mo for generics.

And yea, you can get scripts for OTC meds, old folks on Medicare do it all the time.
I'm talking about not through am insurance prescription plan. You said get insurance OR pay it out of pocket for 10/mo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 10:22 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,712,359 times
Quote:

And yea, you can get scripts for OTC meds, old folks on Medicare do it all the time.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the OTC would need to have a prescription strength dose in order to be able to get a script for it. Plus, not all folks on Medicare have Part D. Part D covers drugs. If a Medicare recipient has only Part A & B, they are out of luck with Rx coverage.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:26 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,847,541 times
I think this region should break off and form its own Country....its Healthy , stable and growing in the Southern part , we have the lowest crime , Obesity , Welfare rates and highest Education standards. We can grow our own food and trade with the world along with make our own crap. The Northeast is similar to Europe...I would completly throw out the tax system , its broken and doesn't work...The Education and Criminal system need an overhaul...

United Northeastern Republic
Population : 52.7 Million (2010) > 58.9 Million (2025) > 74.1 Million (2050)
Capital : Philadelphia
GDP : 2.9 Trillion (2012) > 3.3 Trillion (2025)
Debt : 570 Billion (2012)

Average Income : 75,200$
Poverty Rate : 15%
Public Transit Usage : 19.7 Million (2012) > 39.3 Million (2030)
Area : Northern Virgina to Southern Maine (Coastal Northeast)
Mega Cities : Boston , New York , Philadelphia , Baltimore , Washington DC
Secondary Cities : Manchester , Providence , New Haven , Portland , Newark , Jersey City , Harrisburg , Albany
Satilite Cities : Stamford , White Plains , Elizabeth , Alexandria , Arlington , Scranton , Allentown , Reading

Old 10-19-2012, 05:38 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
Can someone tell me why Romney wants to cut funding to PBS? I just dont understand why someone would want to cut funding to something that is educating our children? Yes public school is free so of course theres that, but many low incone families cant afford to send a child to preschool, so PBS may be the only outlet they have.

A lot of what Romney wants to do just doesnt make a whole lot of sense. PBS educates children- cut it! Planned Parenthood provides healthcare resources to low income woman (generally)- lets cut it! WHYYYYY?

Old 10-19-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:

I dont know anyone who pays anything close to $4 for bc... Generic or not.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,752,699 times
Obamacare is taking 700 billion FROM medicare to pay for it. ANy of you who beleive he is going to "strengthen" medicare are fools. He also said he would decrease unemployment and its higher then ever. Oh and he doubled the national deficit...not bad not bad.

Defintely voting Obama

Old 10-19-2012, 06:29 AM

Romey wants to make it a voucher program- like thats any better???

Old 10-19-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Romey wants to make it a voucher program- like thats any better???
That's not what it is. That's Obamas asinine words. But ok.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:34 AM

The country is in the ****ter. Wake up. Obama had his chance... He blew it, big time. How is that not obvious. Do you think doubling the national debt is a good thing? should he be praised for it? or is big ol bully Romney making all of that stuff up?

Old 10-19-2012, 06:37 AM

46 posts, read 108,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Obamacare is taking 700 billion FROM medicare to pay for it. ANy of you who beleive he is going to "strengthen" medicare are fools. He also said he would decrease unemployment and its higher then ever. Oh and he doubled the national deficit...not bad not bad.

Defintely voting Obama

I HATE MISQUOTES AND MISREPRESENTATIONS

Claim: The other campaign wants to slash Medicare.

Both presidential candidates propose to restrain Medicare spending, yet each points an accusing finger at the other.

Romney, Aug. 15: [T]he president’s cuts of $716 billion to Medicare, those cuts are going to be restored if I become president and Paul Ryan becomes vice president.

Obama, Aug. 15: Their plan makes seniors pay more to help finance another tax cut for folks who don’t need it.

There’s good reason for wanting to slow down spending (see “Medicare is in trouble,” above). And it’s a common campaign ruse for one side to cast its ideas as “savings” that will extend the life of Medicare, while disparaging the other side’s ideas as drastic cuts that will slash benefits for seniors.

The candidates disagree strongly on how to accomplish their common goal, but both have proposed cutting — or, if you’d rather, “saving” — money from the future growth of Medicare spending.

Note that neither side has proposed slashing Medicare spending below its current level, despite the impression listeners might get from all this talk of “cuts.” They’re both talking about trimming the growth of future spending.

“The goal is to reduce the rate of growth slowly in the future, and both proposals would probably do that,” says Alice Rivlin, founding director of the Congressional Budget Office and now an economist with the Brookings Institution. Neither side, she says, is going “to propose actual cuts in Medicare or in Medicare benefits or drastic change in Medicare.”

[Read more](FactCheck.org : A Campaign Full of Mediscare)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island